2008, can it beat 2007?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008, can it beat 2007?

Following straight on from 2007 which is undoubtedly one of the best years that gamers have seen in a long time. Whether it was a good year because you got your hands on a new console or if it was because you finally got to play the next in the series of one of your favourite games after waiting years, it was difficult to not be please by the years fantastic selection.

Hopefully in 2008 we will get to see the PS3 flourish and we'll get a few more original Wii titles to get our hands on. As for the 360, that really has got a tough mission ahead to beat the AAA goodness of 2007.

Well, I'm very happy that I (finally, with help from peeps on the forum) got hold of a 360 last year. I've also got a gorgeous load of top quality games to get through courtesy of game companies churning out the goods.

So even if the 360 falls behind this year, it makes no odds to me. Plus I'll have no time to play what I do have with a babby on the way.

Edit: I'll be keeping an eye on the PS3 though. I think it'll shine when the dev's get to grips with it, but it will be an uphill struggle.. Really all microsoft have to do in my case is keep churning out quality live arcade games.. Doom2, Hexen etc would be nice..
    Last edited by k0pp0; 04-01-2008, 18:16.

Comment

For quantity maybe not, but maybe for quality

I think the PS3 is going to show of its strengths this year and will be the year to determine it?s long term health. Despite my misgivings and not wanting to want one, I?d be surprised if I didn?t own a PS3 by the end of the year. If they do a sequal to Kurushi (the reason I brought a PS1) I?m sold

The Wii will have Wii fit which I imagine will be as bigger run away success as Wii sports. The wii really needs a decent traditional game though, new IP preferably made by Nintendo or not. Something like Day of Disaster may fit the bill. It?s going to be tough to top Mario Galaxy. I can only see a full length version of Portal being capable of that right now.

The 360 is a tough one, and they really got to market it as THE console to own Grand Theft Auto on, and find someway to belittle the PS3 one. If they can do that they?re halfway there. For me, Fable 2 needs to be good, as does Civilization. I really want Civilization 360/DS/Wii to be good and plan to buy all three if they are. They need to release a new SKU which main selling point is that ?it works!!? They also need a title that can fill the hype into overdrive slot Gears of War and Halo 3 had. I don?t see Fable being it.

The DS I?ve almost forgotten in 2007, with only Zelda and Picross making me pick it up again. I don?t know what it needs for 2008, but something that will catch my attention again (may civ could do this, I?m not sure.)

PSP . . . needs a decent analogue stick before I?ll look at it at anything other than a shiny, bulky expensive mp3 player.

Comment

2008 is looking a great year for the PS3, however alot of the good japanese games probably wont see an English release till 2009 (Come on Square and Level-5 prove me wrong).

DS has a few big releases im dying to get my hands on, Advance Wars and FFTA being top of the list.

Comment

Working...
        X