Singstar games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Singstar games

I've never played any of the Singstar games, can anybody explain them gameplay to me?

Is it just a karaoke game or what?

I bought singstar for ps3 yesterday, and its great.
    Is a karoake application, bit also merged into a game, where you can duet, compete and also do solo pieces. Singstar judges and marks your singing, and is really good fun, even for someone like me who isnt the best singer

Comment

Singstar is basically an advanced form of karaoke, in which how high or low your voice should be is shown onscreen in the form of bars - their position on the screen indicates the pitch you should aim for, and they fill up as you hit the notes.

It's really good, and I hate karaoke.

Comment

It's a great little game to play with ya bird or a gang of mates sucking on lager suds. Just need more Bowie on the SingStore!

Comment

Thanks for the replys, I won't mind getting the 80's version. I'm a cheap mo-fo so where would the best place to get it?

Comment

More questions!

Is there a career mode or something in that manner?

Does the game make you any better at singing?

Is rock band better when is comes to the singing?

Answer me!!!!!!!!!!!! please.

Comment

There is no career mode in the lastest PS3 singstar. I suppose it could make you a better singer if you played it long enough, but if you can't sing then this won't make you a singer.

I personally think Rock Band is better with the singing. I think if you have a half decent voice it's more playable whereas Singstar I find I can literally hum and get it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                There is no career mode in the lastest PS3 singstar. I suppose it could make you a better singer if you played it long enough, but if you can't sing then this won't make you a singer.

I personally think Rock Band is better with the singing. I think if you have a half decent voice it's more playable whereas Singstar I find I can literally hum and get it right.
                Does that mean it's really easy? The Rock ballads and 80's version are the only Singstar games that interest me, I don't want a game that will hand me my arse.

Btw when is rock band out?

Comment

Quite the contrary actually if you can actually sing.

I'm a reasonably good singer (have played in bands and been in studios numerous times) yet if you can actually sing, it kinda punishes you for being able to hit all the nuances within the song. It want's it sung phonetically rather than how it is actually sung, this is a problem if you know the song and can sing it well.

When I say you can hum the songs I mean it'll give more points to someone who can't sing and is humming than to someone who is literally getting the song just spot on as the original artist does.

Rock Band has no UK release date but the rumour is about March time.

Comment

A question for Singstar on the ps3 , and for Rock Band or whatever, and the Boogie game for Wii:;

I loved the first singstar, but what made it special for me was removed from the sequel, so I didnt buy any more versions. I refer to the ability to totally drown out the original vocal track, so when you playback your version you can only hear yourself singing along with the music, not you, the music, AND the artist in the background.
                    This option made the game for me, and I was wondering if the above games include this option?

Comment

Originally posted by evert View Post
                      A question for Singstar on the ps3 , and for Rock Band or whatever, and the Boogie game for Wii:;

I loved the first singstar, but what made it special for me was removed from the sequel, so I didnt buy any more versions. I refer to the ability to totally drown out the original vocal track, so when you playback your version you can only hear yourself singing along with the music, not you, the music, AND the artist in the background.
                      This option made the game for me, and I was wondering if the above games include this option?
                      In Singstar PS3, you can use the R1 and R2 buttons to raise or lower the volume of the vocals on the backing track.

Comment

Originally posted by funkydan View Post
                        In Singstar PS3, you can use the R1 and R2 buttons to raise or lower the volume of the vocals on the backing track.
                        Can't you do that in all Singstars at least in game.
                        I'll check as I have nearly all of them

Comment

I thought the R1/R2 was for you own voice ???

Comment

The option to higher or lower original vocals is present in all I think, but to take them away totally is only available in the very first one, the option isnt even there for the Party version

So the PS3 actually lets you take the original vocal away totally and not just lower it??

Comment

Working...
                            X