R-Type Tactics - [6]
    Universe At War - [6]
    Pain - [6]
    Speedball 2 Tournament - [5]
    Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow - [6]
    Soldier of Fortune: Payback - [4]
    Soul Calibur Legends - [2]
    Dragoneer's Aria - [4]

Top scores for Burnout and No More Heroes.

Soul Calibur's ****eness continues, hurrah!

Heh, the Burnout Paradise score alone should be good for a few pages of indignant "OMG WTF utter rubbish i no what teh series ought 2 b AND IT IS NOT THIS 3/10 at BEST" and so on.

(Bear in mind I didn't like the demo and doubt if I'll be buying the game.)

The No More Heroes score is interesting, since I think people on this forum wildly over-rate Killer7 - I liked what I played of it but it really wasn't that great a game. What did Edge originally give that - anyone remember?

Comment

8/10 for Killer 7. I liked that game, but I found the confusingly esoteric storyline off-putting. I'll need to look into how the game plays more before I consider buying it. A 9/10 from EDGE is rarely worth missing.

Same goes for Burnout - it went downhill with Takedown, IMO - which also got a 9/10... I prefer pure racing - they put way too much emphasis on takedowns for the sake of speedboosts to the extent I felt it was unbalanced.

Comment

I normally just read these threads for the lols, but thought I'd pipe up and say nice one for NMH hitting 9. As said in the First Play thread, it's a game you could very easily go either way on, and would be a walk in the park to take to pieces. Glad to see they got it though, and gave it what it deserves

Comment

What version of NMH did they review Bleeders?

Comment

Speedball 2 Tournament - what that ?

Comment

I caved and preordered No More Heroes the other day on the back of the hype, good to see it get a good score, it had better be great!

Hated the Burnout demo, it'll be interesting to see what makes it so apparently brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                I normally just read these threads for the lols, but thought I'd pipe up and say nice one for NMH hitting 9. As said in the First Play thread, it's a game you could very easily go either way on, and would be a walk in the park to take to pieces. Glad to see they got it though, and gave it what it deserves
                Agreed, thought for sure mags like Edge would have ripped this one to shreds, but glad to see it getting the respect it deserves!

Comment

I can't wait for it. Whens the uk version of NMHs due?
                  Love the art and style, especially the pixel art.

Comment

What's SC Legends all about? - never even heard of it.

Comment

It's a Wii approximation of Soul Calibur.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        It's a Wii approximation of Soul Calibur.
                        It's not. It's a bastardisation of the original franchise into some sort of 3rd person hack and slash adventure based on the characters. Absolute drivel to the nth degree.

Poor, repetitive gameplay crap graphihcs and a crap forced control system. Whoever thought of it should be shot.

Comment

The same guy who now runs the SC franchise and will be putting out SC4 this year is it not ?
                          The NMH review justifies me getting a Wii for it on the 29th

Comment

yup, NMH and Geometry Wars Galaxies for me

Comment

No More Heroes is totally worth it's 9/10!!

Absolutely blew me away when I played it at a recent event.

Can't wait for the PAL version to hit shelves.

Comment

Working...
                              X