Just got Animal Crossing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got Animal Crossing!

This last week I've been spoiled with F-Zero and now Animal Crossing, both of which I love for very different reasons (not sure about Mario Golf yet) but don't understand the whole trading thing - is anyone still playing it who wants to trade some stuff or can anyone explain how it works?

I've only played it today mind, so all I have are some juicy oranges.

Cheers

Dickie

from

Narnia

Yeah I know

I've actually just started playing animal crossing today again after discovering my town got erased I'll trade you a peach for an orange 8)

Comment

Ok you'll have to tell me how to trade them cos I haven't got a clue!

And apologies if this is in the wrong folder - feel free to move it.

Comment

This thread should be in the Classifieds Forum.

I might actually start playing again. I only managed about 4 hours on it before giving up due to time constraints.

So maybe some of my juicy apples for you oranges or peaches so day?!

Comment

Since no one has explained the trading system, I will do it here for you.

When you want to trade something with someone you take it to your Tom Nook in your shop.

You tell him you want to trade. You then need to tell him the item you want to trade, the name of the person you want to trade it to and the name of the town they live in.

Once you have put in all this information (which takes an age) you are given a long code which contains the information and you lose your item.

You then give the code out to the person, who in return should have done exactly the same thing for you, and so gives you a code.

You then go back to Tom Nook and enter the code with him and providing the other person put your name, your town name and the item you wanted in correctly you will receive that item.

This doesnt work on rare items, and is best used to trade fruit as you are doing.

Make sure you plant the fruit somewhere good so you get a fruit tree from it - non town-standard fruit are worth a lot more than your standard fruit.

Comment

why was this posted in the pal forum? have I missed something? like a pal release for Animal Crossing?

Comment

I've only got peaches so I'd appreciate any other fruit. I'll send you something in return .
              My name is Henry (with a space in front!)
              Town is Kahlua.

Cheers.

Comment

Hey dude,

I'll swap some lovely cherries for an orange.

Name - pooch
                Town - Biclops.

I'll pm you a code if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet
                  Hey dude,

Name - pooch
                  Town - Biclops.

I've only got peaches . One of them do ya?
                  I'll have a cherry or an orange. Henry (with a space in front!) at Kahlua.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Ranch
                    Originally posted by Yoraths mullet
                    Hey dude,

Name - pooch
                    Town - Biclops.

I've only got peaches . One of them do ya?
                    I'll have a cherry or an orange. Henry (with a space in front!) at Kahlua.
                    'fraid so but I'll send you the cherries anyway.

Henry, do you want some cherries?

Comment

i have peaches and pears Pears are worth 500 bells

i got a whole pear forest from just one traded pear 8)
                      Cant get the money trees to grow though

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut
                        why was this posted in the pal forum? have I missed something? like a pal release for Animal Crossing?
                        Good point, wouldn't want folks thinking that NOE had finally buckled and released this game for PAL, the ammount of brain aneurysms when they found out that wasn't actually the case would land us with a big lawsuit.

Moved to Discussion.

Comment

We need a proper NTSC-UK Animal Crossing thread, now that the dedicated trading board has gone down, and I'm sure no-one wants to trade on the IGN boards.

I have peaches, coconuts, apples, pears, oranges and cherries. I also have a lunar lander and some cabana furnitue, among others. If this thing kicks off, I'll upload my entire catalogue.

Comment

http://www.animalcrossingcommunity.com/ anyone?

Comment

Meteor Storm is taking place on the 15th, folks. Don't forget, now.

I was playing today and was a little surprised to hear Blathers use the word 'bugger'. No seriously. He referred to my insect donation as a 'little bugger'. That's the same bugger which means anal sex, right?? Nintendo's normally ruthless cencoring department are starting to slip, I tell you! Gave me a laugh, though

Animal Crossing is a superb game. I've been playing it for months, and new stuff still happens. May I reccomend inviting some friends into your town - all Blingle's empty houses are now taken by my mates, and it enhances the game no end.

EDIT: The 12th. Meteor Shower is on the 12th. Oops.

Comment

Working...
                              X