Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know? Interesting gaming facts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

None of that is true except for the pigeon thing and the thing about Peter Molyneux.

Comment

Some things in Pokemon I only found out recently:

ArticUNO
        ZapDOS
        MolTRES (yes that should have been an obvious one...)

All the maps in Pokemon are mapped to Japan.

Goldenrod City gym is a Clefairy!

Comment

If you put the disks from Karateka or Summer Games II for the Apple into the drive upside down (basically put in side 2 instead of 1) the games will load but the display will be upside down.

Comment

Originally posted by honeymustard View Post

All the maps in Pokemon are mapped to Japan.
            I think some of them are mirror images, like Sinoh in the DS games is a mirrored image of Hokkaido.

Comment

Did you know that in the first batch of Killer Instinct 2 arcades there was a bug, that when you got to the game over screen and were prompted to insert a coin. If you inserted it during the count down the machine would crash and thus 'eat' your money?

Not very interesting i know.............

Comment

Interesting and a heads up if anything, 112. Cheers

Comment

To continue the Another World theme from earlier, that title is, in fact Suda 51's favourite game of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                    chipsmusic is great.
                    Ah, Chiptune. It amazes me how it's suddenly become popular over the last couple of years when it's been a niche form of electronica for a couple of decades. www.micromusic.net is a good place to start for fans, as it's one of the first websites dedicated to the scene.

A couple of friends of mine do Chiptune and are doing very well for themselves with it, too. You may have heard of Pixelh8? Yeah, he's local, I know him quite well and have played gigs with him:

And of course, there's Henry Homesweet, another local lad (and a lad he is, he's only 19!).

Comment

Another chestnut from Retro Gamer Vol 2: the model who played the titular Barbarian was none-other than Wolf from Gladiators (or Michael Van Wijk)!

Comment

OMG I thought everyone knew that! I remember seeing him on TV after I had bought the Amiga version and thinking it was awesome! What a haircut

Comment

I don't know if I ever saw the posters. Back in the day we just had hundreds of pirated floppy discs lying about. Did read the odd Amiga Format/Power, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                            Hey I happend to like FMV games when they're done well . Also think that Night Trap gets a lot of bad press when to me it's a very good game and at the time I haven't seen anything quite like it (even for FMV games) .
                            One of the few games where even members of the family like mum and aunt would take a interest in a game ... I think the game was way ahead of its time (for a FMVgame) and never fully gets the respect it should .

My God, there are two of us (!)

Comment

No, there are 3 of us!

Comment

4 if we're including the Wing Commander series! (although Prophecy was a bit hokey)

Comment

Working...
                                X