Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know? Interesting gaming facts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    No, you said it was going to be a sequel. It was never going to be a sequel. It was named Street Fighter '89 in order to advertise a new cabinet that Capcom were about to release and they needed a name for the pictures.
    In the interview I read it was going to be linked to street fighter and I'm pretty sure the word 'sequel' was used. I could be wrong, but thats what I seem to remember.

*EDIT*
    Just got home and found the issue of retro gamer I read it in. It is issue 33 (street fighter special). It's reffered to as a 'sequel' in that article. I'm sure it was in an earlier retro gamer as well.
    Last edited by Skull Commander; 25-01-2008, 17:38.

Comment

Still talking about Another World, Interplay wanted to change the music. Chahi successfully convinced Interplay to keep the original music by sending a fax with "don't change the music" written on it...that fax was a stream of normal A4 sheets linked together with dutch tape, then arranged into a ring. Delphine's fax machine would transmit non stop the message while depleting Interplay stocks of fax paper...told by Chahi himself in an interview...read it on an Italian magazine that used to translate Edge articles.

Comment

Originally posted by Akira View Post
        VF5 has some references to shenmue.In the background of the aurorra stage,there's the same MJQ bar that is present in yokosuka. Also Lau's stage music is a remixed version of a theme used in one of the districts in shenmue II.
        I did not know that, thanks, I'm going to have to keep an eye out!

Comment

Im sure we all know that Jet Force gemini originally had SD (super deformed) type playable characters in its original build up. But was seen as bad taste so they opted for more mature looking ones.

Comment

DAmn.. apart from the SErvice GAmes and SNES-CD add-on facts.. Which have already been said! ..

I haven't anything else to add. Bastards! Stole my lines!

Good thread though!

Comment

There was no trailer in Ultimate Play the Games spectrum classic, Lunar Jetman

Comment

Him off of Heroes who plays the cop who can read peoples minds does one of the voices in Condemned.

Comment

With voices in mind, Lance Henriksen does the voice of Admiral Hacket in Mass Effect.

Comment

The 2nd disc of Xenogears is basically one mahoosive cutscene because they ran out of budget! Imagine what the game would have been if it had been realised in its full glory

Comment

Nolan Bushnell gave the job of designing Pong to early Atari employee Al Alcorn just as something to keep him busy. Bushnell believed that the future of the arcade lie in games like Computer Space, not in simple games of electronic tennis.

Prior to being bought by MS, Rare released one of their typical Christmas cards featuring a slew of Rare characters around a Christmas scene, but this one had a Green X under the Christmas tree. Many journalists at the time saw this as evidence of a deal being underway between Rare and MS. In fact, no deal was underway and it was only after seeing this card that MS realised that Rare were looking to break away from Nintendo and made contact.

The original Famicon had a fault and all models were recalled in Japan shortly after launch.

Comment

Bare knuckle 3 vs streets of rage 3!

To much to explain myself so here's a link for anyone who doesn't no.

Basically the usa/pal version of Sor3 is complete dirt cake's. Change's to character's story etc. But the worst being the unnessesary increased difficulty as I have sampled both myself and sor3 stink's compared to BK3.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
                          Him off of Heroes who plays the cop who can read peoples minds does one of the voices in Condemned.
                          I knew it was him! He's typecast as the cop with spooky powers...

Comment

I've got one, and I didn't just copy-paste this from a website either

The infamous Night Trap and Sewer Shark for the Mega CD began their lives many years earlier than the Mega CD itself. Both projects were intially bankrolled by toy company Hasbro in the late 1980s, for a VHS-based console that would play interactive movies in the style of Dragon's Lair. Hasbro even called in Nolan Bushnell to help develop the machine.

The obvious practical problems of using VHS to load and play games (think of the rewinding! ) and the console's prohibitively expensive price tag ensured the machine never made retail, but not before Hasbro spent millions of dollars on research and had two movies already in the can. One of the men involved in the failed project later founded Digital Pictures, and the rest is bad FMV history.

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
                            He did the main character. Proper actors doing voice tracks FTW! He was really good, shame they've dropped him for the sequel

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
                              I've got one, and I didn't just copy-paste this from a website either
                              Hang on so your trying to say that any information you give is only known by you and you didn't read it from anywhere else?

If you think I'm going to type all that out you need to fax me a mars bar.

Comment

I read my facts in Edge or wikipedia. Learning something and sharing interesting gaming mcnuggets with the NTSC-uk family

Here's one I didn't read and I think it shows...

ET is buried in the desert. He gots into a spot of bother with some gangster blokes in a strip club in the 80s.

Comment

Working...
                                X