Grand Theft Auto - Unofficial Replay Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Theft Auto - Unofficial Replay Thread

While waiting for GTA IV to finally arrive, a few of us thought it would be good to play through some of the previous GTA titles again. There was some varied opinions on which one to start with, but I guess it doesn't really matter which one you decide on. I guess we'll get through them quicker than first time round anyway and personally I'm planning on trying to play all three. I'm also hoping that this will be a nice break from my addiction to CoD4.

So, here's a thread for you to discuss your impressions, thoughts & inevitable questions on Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City and San Andreas.

I'm off to dig out GTA III and get started.

I'm currently doing GTA: SA Xbox for the first time - really enjoying exploring the Los Santos area which is all I've unlocked so far. However the Vigilante mission is really beginning to annoy me. I've done Pimping, Taxi, Fire, Ambulance no problem and good fun but the Vigilante ones seem set to frustrate.

Not enjoying the overall SA 'gangsta' theme much though, preferred GTA III and, to a lesser extent VC.

IMHO all the games are just more of the same thing, a few tweaks and additions but essentially just bigger. It usually takes me 6-8 weeks until I get bored judging from past GTA experience so one every 18+ months is more than enough for me. Even if I had a NG console GTA: IV wouldn't be an immediate must get. I just can't see how it can do anything more than we've seen 3+ times before.

Comment

OK, just picked up GTA 3 on PC brand new for ?3.50 from GAME. Wasn't in a budget case either.

Comment

Aye going to start on GTA3 this aft

Comment

I've started 3 on PS2. Funny how unpopulated the streets are This game is an offline MMO with guns and hookers.

Comment

I can't believe this came out over 6 YEARS AGO! It runs perfect on my laptop! Just gotta configure it with the 360 wired pad which is going to be fun.

Comment

Doh installed it on PC as well to test, forgot how bad the stratchy sound is on PC so off for Xbox lol Dont forget bouncey bouncey carefully does it in the taxi guys then get your tip off her afterwards

Edit - Well Im in love with GTA3 again but my original USA xbox is playing up what I dug out of the loft so will be a few days behind on the playthru as Ive just rebought 3 & VC off Fleabay so I can use the whole lot on 360 (I got SA on PAL as it is).
              Last edited by Guest; 03-02-2008, 16:10.

Comment

That's a thing I laughed at in SA - once you've done the Pimp missions the hookers pay you for some bouncy bouncy.

Comment

The only GTA ive ever completed in Vice City, i got to the last mission on GTA3 IIRC, and its ridiculously hard........ Good thing about the xbox version is thecustom sound track,yay.......... might hafta dig this out tonight

Comment

I've been playing Liberty City Stories since I got my PSP a few weeks back. Loving the music still. MSX FM takes some beating! It's darker than Darth Vader I tell ya.

Comment

My GTA3 playthrough has now been put back due to Lost Oddyssey getting me in an RPG mood. Been continuing my playthrough of FFIX

Comment

Hehe same m8 but will start on it as soon as done LO

Comment

Working...
                        X