Zelda: Twilight Princess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zelda: Twilight Princess

OK, i haven't got a Wii yet so was thinking about getting this for the NGC, but i'm on two minds as to buy the Wii version (when i get one) or just to buy it now for the NGC now and enjoy it?

So, would you buy the NGC just now or should i just wait a few month and buy the Wii version? Are there much between the two other than the control aspect?

Cheers

Only other noticable differences are that the game world is reversed and that Link's sword and shield are in opposing hands.

Comment

I haven't played the NGC version but I got the Wii version at launch and really enjoyed it. The 16:9 ration and Wii controls helped convince me. I thought the controls were perfect, especially nice to use the wiimote for the boomerang and bow and arrow etc. I played OoT just a few months before TP and really wish I had a wiimote at the time for firing arrows (Grr!).

I'd wait.

Comment

I tried playing the gc version after finishing the wii one and it looked like an eyesore in comparison. Link looked like a podgy hobbit in comparison. Go for the wii version without a doubt, even the controls are much better. Also if your getting a pal wii, it will have progressive scan.
        Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 16-02-2008, 16:19.

Comment

The Wii one has all the stuff already mentioned that will make it look nicer on modern TV sets, and it's also a darn sight easier to find - and cheaper at that. The GC version isn't *really* rare but it is in limited supply and costs more thanks to the fanboys who wanted the unflipped Hyrule map.

Comment

No widescreen, that's the real bummer but to say it looks like an eyesore even just in comparison to the Wii is disingenous. It is a great looking GC game and good generally by any standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
              I tried playing the gc version after finishing the wii one and it looked like an eyesore in comparison. Link looked like a podgy hobbit in comparison. Go for the wii version without a doubt, even the controls are much better.
              Utter nonsense. Both versions look identical (providing you have the relevant cables, rather obviously) apart from the fact the GameCube version doesn't have a widescreen option. The Wii controls are good, but in comparison to the GCN, it's far more fiddly and tiresome having to wave the remote around every other second. The Cube version also allows you to control the camera, making it more comfortable to play than the Wii version which of course does not. Daragon has already mentioned the Wii version the world is reversed to make Link right-handed.

The only advantage the Wii version has is for the aiming controls for bows and such like, and they feel much better implemented (obviously) with a remote than an analogue stick.

Comment

Yep, AFAIK the gamecube version is only available in 4:3. That's a problem enough to justify the Wii version right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
                  Utter nonsense. Both versions look identical (providing you have the relevant cables, rather obviously) apart from the fact the GameCube version doesn't have a widescreen option. The Wii controls are good, but in comparison to the GCN, it's far more fiddly and tiresome having to wave the remote around every other second. The Cube version also allows you to control the camera, making it more comfortable to play than the Wii version which of course does not. Daragon has already mentioned the Wii version the world is reversed to make Link right-handed.

The only advantage the Wii version has is for the aiming controls for bows and such like, and they feel much better implemented (obviously) with a remote than an analogue stick.

I should have been more clearer. I didn't mean graphics wise per se, meant that lack of progressive scan and widescreen made it look like an eyesore to me. But thats because i played the wii version beforehand. He really does look like a podgy fat hobbit.

Comment

I only have a 4:3 TV, and playing the Wii version, the HUD on the right seemed too large (although apparently you can turn some of it off, but I never found out how). So, I switched to the Gamecube version which has a much smaller Wind Waker style button map.

The camera control in the GC version is nice, but not really essential. Also, the frame rate suffers slightly on Hyrule field on the GC. Not by much, but it is noticeable if you've played both.

As mentioned, the Wii contols for bow and arrow aiming are fantastic, but I kept finding that when I went to use them I didn't have the Wiimote pointed at the screen and the large message that pops up is a little jarring.

The mirrored map can really throw you if you try and switch between versions though!

Comment

i'll be selling my gamecube version on ebay pretty soon. sells for around 40 quid. you can pick up the wii version for 30 new.

i really hate zelda though, it just annoys me that in the year 2006 they couldnt have voice acting. make it a 3 disc set and do it right. i also hate the fact that when you talk to people they just tell you whatever and thats it. i prefer games with the option to ask questions like the old point n click games. however visually its pretty good for the gamecube's swansong.

Comment

Originally posted by kevkev View Post
                        i'll be selling my gamecube version on ebay pretty soon. sells for around 40 quid. you can pick up the wii version for 30 new.

i really hate zelda though, it just annoys me that in the year 2006 they couldnt have voice acting. make it a 3 disc set and do it right. i also hate the fact that when you talk to people they just tell you whatever and thats it. i prefer games with the option to ask questions like the old point n click games. however visually its pretty good for the gamecube's swansong.

You should be playing kotor or mass effect instead then.

Comment

Umm why the hell did you buy it if you hate zelda? Personally i dont care if he speaks or not, some characters dont need to speak. If you have played the new Nights game on wii you'll understand why.

Comment

Pretty good? It's the best looking GameCube games there is, bar none. Also, it has been documented several times that Nintendo purposely left out speech in both Wind Waker and TP because including it would go against the nature of the Zelda series, so don't expect them to start including it anytime soon - it's a sensible design decision. Let's jut be glad they make the games and you don't, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                              Umm why the hell did you buy it if you hate zelda? Personally i dont care if he speaks or not, some characters dont need to speak. If you have played the new Nights game on wii you'll understand why.
                              Because, speech or not, you can't rescue a crap game with a graphical overhaul?

Oh and I have GC Twilight Princess. There's no real reason not to get it, unless the Wii one can be found cheaper. I prefer the GC's controls for it over the Wii's anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X