Movietyme Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movietyme Gaming

I've only ever ordered one game from Movietyme which was Time Crisis 4 as their price was very good and was free shipping, so was much cheaper than VG+. I got it in 5 days, which granted is very good.

I'm now seeing more and more games showing up on Movietyme than before, and much cheaper that VG+ (even before shipping). Have they always been this cheap?

I mean Dragon Quest Swords is ?26.99 there, VG+ it's ?29.99 and ?3.74 shipping.
    Final Fantasy Crisis Core is ?19.99 at Movietyme, and ?29.99 and shipping at VG+.
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles DS is ?21.99 at Movietyme and ?29.99 at VG+ again plus shipping.

These are some really good prices I think and wanted to know how are they with delivering new releases, I know their delivery times can be a bit wonky but does anyone know if they send games early? Also if they actually get their games on time, because their Anime DVD's you can sometimes wait a week after release for them to get.

I don't mind waiting a few extra days for these as I have these on order at VGP but from just those 3 I'm already going to save ?30!

MovieTyme have always been pretty cheap, but their selection of titles has been very small, interesting to hear they're expanding their range.

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
      Also if they actually get their games on time, because their Anime DVD's you can sometimes wait a week after release for them to get.
      This is usually the case for the games I order from MT - I don't mind though as the prices are so good; for example, Professor Layton arrived last Saturday, so just under a week after release - the ?15.99 price made it more than worthwhile for me though.

With the current exchange rate, buying from VG+ has sadly gone out the window for me.

Comment

Everytime I use em they seem to take around 10days. Much longer than DVDworldusa. Its taken 15 days since order to get my Lost season 3 from em.

Comment

THat's odd as I order lots of films from MT myself.

They never take anymore than 7 days while using DVDWorldUSA three times, I paid for the 3-5 day shipping and it still took 10 days on all of them. (These were throughout the year). Plus I find their prices extortionate. Plus, they don't sell games :P

Comment

My experiences with MT games pre-orders are pretty similar to Geoff's. Sometimes worth waiting a few extra days though if the price is decent and I'm feeling patient!

Comment

MT do stock some stuff here in the UK - hence sometimes you get quick delivery times. They can't usually be beaten for the price on DS games, but quite often you do have to wait ten days for them.

I'm usually too impatient to use them for pre-order's to be honest.

Good to hear they're extending their range though

Comment

I always go with MT great service and stuipd prices, Halo 3 Leg ed for £34.99 new !

Comment

They've started listing some of the UK stock as UK 1-2 now and I've had stuff here on launch day.

They don't seem to do it as much with games as they do with films but they've always concentrated on films rather than games there....hence the shop name I suppose!

They seem to store the more expensive stuff such as consoles in the UK rather than just games though. I do find that the prices are more than worth the delay though.

Comment

I'm glad to hear they're extending too as normally they only seemed to stock the latest releases and only kept titles on offer for a few weeks after release. They're also a bit hit-and-miss with putting games up for pre-order as well; often they only make the biggest new releases available and sometimes don't even stock some games at all. I've always been very pleased with their service though and they're really good on price.

Comment

There are alot of new Ps3 games under £20 too

Comment

Working...
                      X