• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC video game doc right now(12.30am)

My gods video game son TV

lol "The PS2 is on the horizon!!!!"

Comment

It's an Open University programme that was made over 2 years ago.

I wouldn't be too harsh on it, because you'd be missing the point.

Comment

watch out its TEKKEN TAG

hehe

Comment

It worth a look anyway at some old classic games

Good Ole FF8 and Ape Escape

Comment

The Sony hype machine was in full force then.

The Tekken Tag and Bouncer graphics really showed the Emotion Engine off well.

What are these rumours that Denis Canabis was on about? M$ entering the console race? Never in a million years.

Comment

And now the obligatory Tomb Raider bit ...

Comment

LoL is Eidos and hyping there the biggest european company

Oh how times have changed...

Comment

Originally posted by manah
                  And now the obligatory Tomb Raider bit ...
                  Tomb Raider and Grand Theft Auto are the only games series around that many non-gamers have heard of after all...

I don't think that program showed a very wide variety of games (although I only say the last quarter of an hour), just the traditional blood-lust and cutesy-wootsy types (with the possible exception of Black and White, where Peter was just slapping around his monkey ), and it isn't terribly good publicity for the gaming industry is it?

Comment

It was more of a cultural study of games I think than a "games programme". Might just be me but most of what they said was kinda stating the obvious. Strange tho that there wasn't any mention of ninty during the whole show.

Comment

Originally posted by a_c_saunders
                      It was more of a cultural study of games I think than a "games programme". Might just be me but most of what they said was kinda stating the obvious. Strange tho that there wasn't any mention of ninty during the whole show.
                      Yes, but the gaming culture includes more than blood lust and cutesy-wootsy (I love that term) doesn't it...

I may of course be totally wrong, what with missing half of the program.

Comment

I liked the bit when they stereotyped the Japanese character designs as" Big heads, little bodies"

Comment

I remember that one, You'd never think Sega or Nintendo existed.

Comment

Well, they did briefly mention the Dreamcast (with Res Evil / Biohazard Code Veronica).

Comment

Working...
                            X