MLB 08 The Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MLB 08 The Show

Anyone else thinking of picking this up? Played the demo and it's a lot better than last years poor effort. Also, anyone know if it will have the rosters for the start of the new season?

Played the demo, but couldn't really get on with it despite it looking amazing. I understand the general principle of Baseball, but the American commentary uses so many strange phrases for things that I'm never sure exactly what has happened.

I prefer the mechanics of Konami's baseball games, so I'll probably wait for Pro Spirits 5 in April rather than pick up MLB08.

Comment

I enjoy baseball games as well, so I think I'll pick this up on or around launch.
      I didn't play last years game so I can't compare, although I tried the 2K7 demo which I wasn't overly impressed with.
      If it doesn't have the rosters at launch I would think it would enable you to download up-to-date rosters.
      I'm not sure what difficulty level the demo was set at, but I found hitting the ball really hard in this, it took a lot of effort getting the timing right. Still haven't hit a homer yet!

Comment

Last years was seriously good even with the slowdown. Definite buy for me.

Comment

How is MLB 2K8 for PS3 this year ? as I can't buy xbox 360 version due to pal region coding.

Comment

Originally posted by doodledude View Post
            I'm not sure what difficulty level the demo was set at, but I found hitting the ball really hard in this, it took a lot of effort getting the timing right. Still haven't hit a homer yet!
            Veteran. Saying that, the first time I played it, I had Manny on the plate and hit a two run blast over the 'Green Monster'.

Looks like I'll be getting this as well as ProSpi5.

Comment

I've been hammering Power Pro Kun Pocket 10 on the DS and im really craving good console Baseball so i'll be picking this up as well.

Comment

Played some of the demo with my brother earlier and the game is MUCH more fun in multiplayer; it is almost like a completely different game.

Comment

Pro Spirits 5 - Japanese league or MLB or both ?

Is this game ok to import

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary View Post
                    Pro Spirits 5 - Japanese league or MLB or both ?

Is this game ok to import
                    It will be the Japanese leagues I reckon as all the previous titles have been. However that may change and they could bring out an MLB version of it like they did with their Jikkyou! Pawafuru Puroyakyu series.

Comment

Anyone got this yet?
                      Had it a couple of days and its great.
                      For anyone up for some online games I've set up a thread on the forum here

Comment

Originally posted by doodledude View Post
                        Anyone got this yet?
                        Had it a couple of days and its great.
                        For anyone up for some online games I've set up a thread on the forum here
                        Didn't realise it was out already, though with the new season not too far away I guess I should have known. I'll try and pick up a copy this week.

Red Sox FTW!!!

Comment

I just got mine so cant wait to get stuck into it, only played last years on offline and it was amazing, knocks spots off even the w11 of baseball 2k series and this year we get descent graphics not a PS2 port and slowathon

Not bothered with 2k this year, last years was bad and this years susposed to be even worse with slowdown, moment I started playing MLB07 I never went back to 2k7 ever again on PS3

Comment

Just out of interest, where have you guys bought it from?

Comment

Movietyme for around £30 took about 12days

Comment

Working...
                              X