• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to compare Shinobi and rolling thunder

I loved rolling thunder

Only problem is he wasn't a ninja

Great game still !!

Comment

Contra SFC suffers from the seriously pap overhead levels (imo). MD Contra is good, but some people go on about it like it's the Holy Grail or something. It's good, but nowhere near the leagues above other run 'n' gun games people suggest.

Comment

Originally posted by Treble
        Contra SFC suffers from the seriously pap overhead levels (imo).
        I really loved the snes contra. The overhead levels were basically a show off of mode 7! but I thought they broke the game up a bit, I loved it, all of it!! Great control system.

Why oh why did the Uk get sodding robots? Glad I had the Jap version!!

Comment

Best Contra was the original Contra/Gryzor. Liked snes Contra too.

These two would just edge out the Metal Slug games imho, mainly for reasons of originality.

Comment

I loved the original Contra. Yes, the first game is better than any MS game (although only close, as you say). Have to disagree with the SFC game, though. It's good, but it does feel a bit tricksy and less 'pure', if you see what I mean. Like the stupid, unnecessary use of mode 7 in R-Type 3.

Comment

I have both Shinobi and Rolling Thunder on PCB.

Shinobi was always the poor mans Rolling Thunder and I think Sega even know that back then, that's probably what spurred them on, so.

Comment

Originally posted by optimusomega
                Originally posted by Treble
                Forget the SFC version we all know the best version was the megadrive one
                Perhaps that could read forget the SFC itself, as we all know the Megadrive was best
                But thats just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by JAPJAC
                  I have both Shinobi and Rolling Thunder on PCB.

Shinobi was always the poor mans Rolling Thunder and I think Sega even know that back then, that's probably what spurred them on, so.
                  Whilst I respect your opinion JapJac if only for its brentism, There is no way shinobi was the poor mans rolling thunder, Rolling thunder has been deservedly treated like the bald headed stepchild it is alongside shinobi, by the more discerning player

Comment

huh? Shinobi is clearly highly derivative of Rolling Thunder.

They are both great games, although I'd say Shinbi is more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by baad bwoy
                      Rolling thunder has been deservedly treated like the bald headed stepchild it is alongside shinobi, by the more discerning player
                      Madness! I would have thought the discerning player would have realised the sublime difficulty (yet playability) of rolling thunder. Oh when the timer was just about to run out and you ran out of bullets (so you only could fire one a second) That beats a trip to Ken-oh or black turtle anyday!

Perhaps its just that shinobi was more accessible for the less hardcore in the arcade? 8)

Comment

You lot are very funny. Very funny.

Shinobi has better design and a better gameplay dynamic than Rolling Thunder. It's also much, much, much cooler.
                        8)

Comment

Everything about Rolling Thunder PCB is better than Shinobi PCB. Don't get me wrong, Shinobi is mint, but it doesn't compare.

Maybe the emulated version of Shinobi is better? I wouldn't know. (I would put a clever little smiley face here but I don't know how).

I am biased as RT is my favourite game ever and I love to bable on about it, always

Cooler? A predictalbe Ninja or a sly slick skinny agent? Ninja's shouldn't use guns kids.

The music in RT pisses on Shin.

As you know RT came before Shin.

The graphics are timeless in RT but some of Shin's later levels look a bit dodge now. The way that the enemies in Shin just dissappear always did look a bit cheap compared RT's ones disolving into the ground.

Gameplay wise both are playable to the nigh, but RT is infinately more deep.

But let's not dwell, let's stop degrading them, go free, Jesus, please.

Comment

I'd say Shinobi is the better game. Reason's being, it's faster paced, the close-up attack, you jumping and attack enemies in the air, ducking crawl, with all this together it can be played in a more stylish way.

Btw, i own the PCB too, it's no big deal

oh, and i can beat it with 1-life in 14 minutes:l
                            Can you beat it 1-credit japjac? you being l33t an all and being there from day one

At last i express my view about a game japjac likes without getting banned! I've been banned from japjac's TFP site many times becuase of this, and im not the only one.

Comment

Can you beat it 1-credit japjac? you being l33t an all and being there from day one
                              pwned!

Comment

JOOOOoooooooOOOOOE!

You can't deny Musashi's dominance, manz! Can you feel the heroeness!?

Also, the first Contra is by far the best one. The overhead levels rule.

Comment

Working...
                                X