What's On The Way for DS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's On The Way for DS?

Have just been looking at the 'Coming Soon' page for DS at game.co.uk, and most of the games just look like crap shovelware, with the odd half-decent title.

Is this really the future of the DS? I want to keep mine, but I just can't see any reason to. I never play it, and I don't know of anything coming out that looks interesting.

So is there anything good on the way?

(I'm having the same dilemma with my PSP, but God of War and FF7:CC is persuading me to keep it for the moment, lol.)

I have three words for you.

Import
    Import
    Import

Comment

Yeah the fact your looking at domestic stuff pretty much gurantees your choices will be limited.

Like kaladron said IMPORT, not only is it cheaper you have more choice of both us & jpn stuff.

The only problem is now due to the fact that that the ds is very popular there are obscene amounts of **** games in all 3 regions. Luckily if you do your research there are a lot of fun games out there.

Personally im looking forward to....

Meccha! Taiko no Tatsujin DS
      Tottado! Yowiko no Mujintou Seikatsu
      Doraemon: Nobita to Midori no Kyojinden DS
      Oshiri Kajiri Mushi no Rhythm Lesson DS

& theres still loads that are out that i have missed.

Comment

I don't speak Japanese and I hate not understanding some parts of the game, so I won't be importing anything JAP.

I want to play the new Phoenix Wright and Advance Wars, but I'm still playing PW1, and I want to play the first 3 AW's first, lol.

Ninja Gaiden looks good though, and there's a lot more half-decent looking titles in the US release list on ebgames.com. Why is that?!

The funny thing is though, I've still got loads of games left to play, but just never get round to.

Comment

Sim City 2 out on the 19th and Gundam 00 on the 27th are the only DS games I'm considering in March.

Comment

Finish what you have first before you start thinking about new games then, that sounds like a nice bunch to be getting on with.

Go with us releases if the language barrier puts you off that still gives you a hell of a lot more choice.

Comment

Nanostray 2 is out in America in the next couple of days

Comment

My picks:

Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword
                Nanostray 2
                Sega Smash Tennis
                Soma Bringer

All US titles. Like you I appreciate the japanese games but the language barrier puts me off all but the shooters.

Comment

So is there really a lot of good games that never come to PAL?

Comment

Originally posted by mmcg View Post
                    So is there really a lot of good games that never come to PAL?
                    Hundreds. If you're going to be a Nintendo gamer you have to accept that Pal Land will always be **** on. We get a very small percentage of the total worlwide releases, often up to a year after everyone else.

With a DS it doesn't matter so much though as you can import without having to modify the hardware. US games come out ages before the UK ones, there's more choice AND they're about half the price of what you'll pay in GAME/Gamestation.

Oh and the Japanese thing - The best Japanese games are PERFECTLY playable without any knowledge of the language. Just go for games that are light on text. Ouendan is a good start.

Comment

Bangai-o Spirits should be out soon too, for those willing to import

Comment

Bangai-O Spirits is also slated for US release in Q2 with extra content, so I'd sit tight for that (unless you crave the Otaku kudos of owning the Japanese version).
                        Last edited by Golgo; 10-03-2008, 08:47. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker is out this week. Whilst not amazing it's very good.

Comment

There's been some recent good stuff as well. Professor Layton and Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney are both excellent and out in the US now, and only Apollo Justice has a UK release, which is in May. Professor Layton isn't even pencilled in as far as I can see. Get them cheaper and earlier by importing.

Comment

Neko's last sentence is all teh sense yah need lol!

"Get them cheaper and earlier by importing.........." AMEN to that brother!

Oh and yah packaging will look nicer too Its jus a WIN WIN WIN situation.......

Comment

Working...
                              X