Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crystal Chronicles DS - no left handed mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crystal Chronicles DS - no left handed mode?

Creating a new thread for this as the only other one I could find was 2006 and there's no point in dragging up a thread that old.

Just been reading the thoughts of some people who've played the US version and apparently, like Renevant wings, there's no left handed mode. In FFXII:RW this wasn't too much of an issue, just made the controls slightly more annoying for lefts but apparently Crystal chronicles needs you to move around with the control pad whilst using the stylus.

This has annoyed me a lot, I'm not sure what the stylus is needed for during the gameplay but if it expects you to point accurately and fast or draw shapes, a lot of lefties are going to struggle.

No, you don't have to do anything at speed that requires accuracy. I did a first play for it - though no-one posted in it - got to the final dungeon, and all the touch screen is compulsory for is: 1)the various characters' special skills. None of these need any rapid input - stirring the cauldron is probably the only one that requires any kind of fine movement, and even then you never really have to do that under any kind of pressure. 2) accessing the map, which again you never really have to do under duress and 3) dropping health items or magicite, ditto a third time.

It might well be irritating for a southpaw, but I would have thought it was still more than doable.
    Last edited by Eight Rooks; 13-03-2008, 01:33.

Comment

Working...
    X