Ive been banned , please help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive been banned , please help me

I have an xbox 1 and its modded , recently i bought a 2 month xbox live trial from ebay for couple of quid and everything was fine so i thought id pay for a years subscription as i wanted to keep my gamertag , but as soon as i had paid for a year (?40) i got banned for having a modded xbox , im very annoyed that they waited until i had paid

questions are what happens with my credit card details now , they wont try to renew it next year will they

also in a few months i want to get a 360 can i use the same gamertag or will i have make a new tag also can i use the same credit card or will i need another ?

oh what a bother

Thanks

it's the xbox thats banned not you, nor your gamertag. Happened to me with my xbox1 and I'm still using the same gamertag 5 yrs later.

Comment

So if I buy an xbox 360 in July, and I log onto xbox live using my gamertag, because my subscription runs out next March I should still be able to go online? Is this correct?

Thanks bignige

Comment

Originally posted by trev1976 View Post
        So if I buy an xbox 360 in July, and I log onto xbox live using my gamertag, because my subscription runs out next March I should still be able to go online? Is this correct?

Thanks bignige
        Yup, unless it's changed recently you'll be fine. Normally it's the modded xbox that's banned. My xbox1 was banned. Bought another and carried on using the same subscription and gamertag. One thing to note, once you use your gamertag on a 360 I don't think it can be used on an Xbox1 after.

Comment

ok thanks thats not so bad then, at least I'll be able to get some use out of my subscription in a few months.

Comment

I can still use my gamertag on my Xbox1 (it was on there already though before the 360 if that makes any difference.)

Comment

yeah your subscription will just keep rolling though from when purchased, so If you waited up until christamas to get an unmodded xbox then you will only have 3 months of Live left. It is deffo just your machine that has been banned though, as soon as you put your Hard Drive onto another unmodded 360 then your gamertag will work fine!

Comment

ahh , thats good then .. im not that bothered that my xbox 1 has been banned as most of the xbox 1 games are dead on live now and halo 2 is really the only one worth playing and i can use xlinks until i get a xbox 360 .. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bignige View Post
                  One thing to note, once you use your gamertag on a 360 I don't think it can be used on an Xbox1 after.
                  Yes you can, including recovering it, but once you migrate it to the 360 you can no longer manage the account on the Xbox and account management must be done on the 360.

Comment

Working...
                  X