When real life triggers you to replay games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When real life triggers you to replay games

Been planning a trip to Japan today. All the talk, googling and travel planning has given me the urge to play Railfan, Densha De Go! 3 and Densha de Go! Shinkansen.

Yes I know I'm a saddo

Anything out in the real world make you wanna replay a game? Maybe you watched Scarface and felt the urge to play Vice City?

New F1 season makes me play F1:CE on PS3 again. Severely outdated roster, but it's still so fun to play. Gangster films do make me play GTA, and WW2 films or Band of Brothers makes me play Brothers in Arms

Comment

Yeah was out in town today & spotted a group of mouthy burberry scrutters, all i could think of was killer 7

Comment

Each year Wimbledon inspires me to dig out the latest Virtua Tennis.

Comment

Star Wars wants to make me replay No More Heores. I still have to put my impressions up but I LOVE that game.

Comment

Everytime I go to see the Newcastle Vipers play, they're just so soft and piss-weak that I want to slap NHL 2K7 in the 360, set all the penalties to 10% and check the opposition into oblivion.

Comment

Apart from all the obvious sports ones, one time I was forced to play through was a trip. I went to Matsushima in Japan and the are is quite clearly where Nintendo got the idea or Wind Waker with the many little islands and the shapes of the islands so I started playinbg it after getting home.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                Anything out in the real world make you wanna replay a game? Maybe you watched Scarface and felt the urge to play Vice City?
                Pretty much, although I went with Saints Row over any of the GTA III games.

I'm not into football but anytime I hear people at work talk about a good match, I get the desire to fire up Pro Evo.

When it's too cold/wet/windy to skate IRL, I'll throw on Skate (or THPS/Thrasher back in the day!)

Other way round, after replaying Ridge Racer 4 a few years back I was desperate for an anime with a similar story/racing element and fell in love with Initial D.

When it's warm and sunny in the summer I go play some Sega game with the trademark blue skies, usually Outrun 2006

Comment

Originally posted by saif View Post
                  Apart from all the obvious sports ones, one time I was forced to play through was a trip. I went to Matsushima in Japan and the are is quite clearly where Nintendo got the idea or Wind Waker with the many little islands and the shapes of the islands so I started playinbg it after getting home.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN
                  Very similar thing happened to me. I was obsessed with Goemon on the N64 when it first came out - my first real experience of something properly Japanese. And top of all my incredible memories playing that game is finding the fish in Duck Creek at Zazen Town. Particularly because of the beautiful, sparse shamisen music.

Fast forward four or so years to a holiday in Japan with my girlfriend (now wife) - we went into an onsen (hot springs bathhouse) in Hakone, and as I soaked in the scalding water, playing in the background was shamisen music.

All the great memories came flooding back - and when I got home, guess what was the first thing to come out of the attic.

Comment

Coming home from a New York trip in October, the first game I stuck in the drive was Spider-man 3, just so I could swing around the place, annoying family members of the areas I'd been to, realising the city in the game is nothing to the real thing.

Comment

Both time that I've been to Japan, the first thing I did after booking it was to go and run around Yokosuka in Shenmue. Nothing like that game to get me in the mood, although I've never got around to actually visiting the place in real life. The closest I came was taking a photo of a road sign that said 'Yokosuka' on it

Shenmue: My answer to everything.

Comment

ALMS at Sebring last week (and motors.tv seem to be repeating it a lot), made me really want to pick up another copy of Forza to play.

Comment

The bus journey to and from work makes me want to play absolutely anything with gratuitous and mindless bit incredibly satisfying violence in it...

Comment

Jet Set Radio after stepping into Shibuya for the first time.

Comment

Everytime Nintendo release a crap looking Mario Kart game, it makes me wanna play SMK.

Comment

Working...
                              X