Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd hand GBA games...where've they gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moonwhistle View Post
    I don't believe that is an accurate way to spot fakes at all. It's often eaiser to spot fakes in auction photos by box art or manuals that are obviously fake or by sellers using stupid stock photos. Or any sellers shipping from Hong Kong or China, they're all pirates.

A cart only auction or game without manual in no way implies a fake.
    I'm not saying it's the be all and end all, but those are the auctions you'd want to avoid like the plague because nine times out of ten you'll get a fake. It's the easiest way to rule out eBay auctions and make searching easier is all. Even if it's not fake, who wants just a cart?

Comment

I really enjoyed The Urbz.

Comment

One definite way to spot genuine (EU) ones is if they have the PEGI rating or come with multilingual booklets.

Comment

This is why I don't usually sell GBA games on when finished. It's very, very difficult to find genuine good condition copies of even the most common games. I was lucky enough to pick up mario kart and yoshi's island both in mint condition from a boot last year.

Comment

I've bought over 100 EU/US GBA games off eBay worldwide and have never failed to spot a fake. Certainly for the ones I've bought I found a lot more genuine copies going than fakes.

Some fool-proof points to spot genuine:

- Factory sealed. Never seen a fake factory sealed. Even in places like Thailand and HK. Has anyone received a fake GBA game sealed?

- Instruction booklet. Just ask the seller and almost all reply. There are no genuine GBA with fewer than 5 folded sheets (20 pages) of paper.

- EU languages on the game, box or booklet or EU documentation; or PEGI logo. No fakes have ever been produced (applies to most consoles) of the EU version.

- Rarely have to ask a seller this: Nintendo logo just above the connector pins?

There're lots more ways to spot fakes, but i find these points to confirm genuine ones have never let me down. I'd be interested if anyone has better/quicker ways to confirm genuine or dispute the ones listed here. Thanks.

Comment

Some fakes have "Nintondo" printed on the back of the cartridge instaed of Nintendo, Glossy cartridge label and "cheap" feeling packaging can often give it away too.

Comment

All of the above, plus 'glossy' feeling boxes, and manuals that contain Gamespot review text in lieu of the real thing. I **** you not! I had two fake games with just such manuals. I suppose the pir8s are mostly selling to non-English speakers at home and think they'll be fooled by a load of English writing they wouldn't understand anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  I really enjoyed The Urbz.
                  Yeah, I liked that on XBox - but ?19.99 for a pre-owned GBA copy at Leeds GAME is nuts! The've got Madagascar GBA for the same price (I checked yesterday)!!!!

Comment

So UK GBA scene is stone-dead on high street and full of bandit traders off it...

Luckily I found the stuff I need (for the moment) off Play-Asia...

New Japanese edition Made in Wario at 'limited offer' £10.08 anyone?!
                    Only one per customer...

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                      So UK GBA scene is stone-dead on high street and full of bandit traders off it...

Luckily I found the stuff I need (for the moment) off Play-Asia...

New Japanese edition Made in Wario at 'limited offer' ?10.08 anyone?!
                      Only one per customer...
                      Great bargain, it's a fantastic game too

Comment

Working...
                      X