Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I kinda almost sorta finished my PS2 collection today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kinda almost sorta finished my PS2 collection today!

I just literally took delivery of a Korean Odin Sphere, which has (apart from KOF '98 on pre-order) completed my PS2 collection.

They're all first print standard edition JPN titles, with the exception of Okami and Odin Sphere. I have both JPN and Korean versions of these two games. I've swapped out the original cases for 2-disc ones, which now hold both the JPN and the Korean disc, but have the JPN insert and manual.

MGS3 is also non-standard in that it is the boxed set.

Anyway, here's my 22 games:
    1. Biohazard 4
    2. Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition
    3. Final Fantasy X: International
    4. God Hand
    5. Hyper Street Fighter 2: The Anniversary Edition
    6. Ico
    7. Killer 7
    8. King Of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match (on pre-order at P-A)
    9. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
    10. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence boxed set
    11. Metal Slug Complete
    12. Odin Sphere
    13. Okami
    14. Outrun 2: SP
    15. R-Type Final
    16. Rez
    17. Shin Onimusha: Dawn Of Dreams
    18. Silent Scope 2
    19. Sky Gunner
    20. Street Fighter III: Third Strike
    21. Street Fighter Zero: Fighters Generation
    22. Wanda to Kyozou (SOTC)

Some of them I searched for for absolutely ages, so I'm pleased that I finally have them all together at last. I do need to swap out R-Type Final though, it's currently an Asian version, and I want the proper JPN one, but it's a minor and I'll just wait until one comes along.
    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 18-04-2008, 13:05.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Thats pretty cool, but why those specific 22 games? I never bothered with a Euro or US PS2, still have an old Japanese launch one, so i only have Jap/Asian games too, although i don't have many of the ones on your list, just R-Type, SOTC, ICO and FFX. Do Okami and the Metal Gears have an English option?

Comment

Ico's text and speech is all in moonspeak - all six lines of it. You can unlock real language subtitles but like I say there's very few lines so you could just look at a faq for that.

Comment

now you just need to actually play them!

Comment

Well, I've had many PS2 games over the years, but these are the titles that interest me most. I could play these games forever without getting bored of them.

FFX: International, MGS2, Okami, Odin Sphere, Shin Onimusha, and Silent Scope 2 all have English options. Well Okami is only in English as it's the Korean one, which is basically the USA game, but in NTSC/J format.

I've owned many of them before, and sold them and then had a terrible time trying to re-buy them again.

Now I just need to actually play them!
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Doesn't the European version of ICO have more or is better or something or did I totally make that up?

Comment

That's SOTC, but the PAL one is exactly the same as the JPN one. The USA one isn't quite as good.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

RONG!

The PAL version of Ico has an extra secret room, containing an extra special secret weapon, and also an extra ending. Trufax!

Comment

Im suprised how there is no Winning Eleven in there or a silent hill, but thats a nice compact collection you have there! If ya hhad a hard drive big enough you could load them all on and never touch the games again! Ooooo now theres a thought!

Comment

The JPN Ico has the secret weapon too. I'm not sure about the ending though, as I've only played it once.

I have a HDD 112. It's the official Sony one though (see below), so I'm not sure that I can do that loading on of games that you speak of.

Last edited by J0e Musashi; 15-04-2008, 12:22.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Doesn't the European version of ICO have more or is better or something or did I totally make that up?
                      I love the PAL versions of Ico and Colossus, the cardboard slipcases are lovely.

I believe that every copy of PAL Colossus was the cardboard box version unlike Ico where it switched, did the Japanese or Europe get them as well?

Comment

The JPN Ico is just in a standard case. SOTC comes in a clear case. Neither of them have cardboard sleeves though.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Why 22 games?

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                            Why 22 games?
                            Because...

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                            I've had many PS2 games over the years, but these are the titles that interest me most. I could play these games forever without getting bored of them.
                            Just happened to be 22 games.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Why FFX and not FFXII? I consider 12 miles better then 10...just taste though i guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X