Downloadable PS1 SHUMUPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloadable PS1 SHUMUPS?

I'm really in the mood for this type of game right now. I know that the PS1 versions of some of these games really weren't the best you could get but they're available now and fairly cheap.

At the moment I have these:
    • Cotton Original
    • Metal Slug
    • Metal Slug X
    • Raiden
    • R-Types (R-Type 1 & 2)
    • R-Type Delta
    Can anybody recommend any others to me?

Moon Cresta is up on the JPN store, it's a personal favourite of mine, it did get a JPN (only?) release

Comment

Is Two Tenkaku up yet?
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Gunner's heaven isn't bad, complete rip-off of gunstar heroes but it's fun.

Comment

where are these available from?

Comment

Just looking at the latest releases on the Japanese store, there's another shooter called Shienryu (I think) up. Anybody played this? Is it any good?

What's Cotton like, by the way? I've only ever played the 3D Megadrive one, but I liked that.

Oh, also, does anybody know if the Raiden game that's up there is both Raiden 1 and 2 (like the Raiden Project release), or is it just the first one?

Comment

Not played Shienryu yet. I thought Cotton was a lot of fun!! Raiden is just the first one unfortunately but it's still good.

I can only buy the HK games now as I can no longer add funds to my JP account for some reason.

Comment

Shienryu is a good, but not awesome game? Pretty solid and slow paced.
                Out of that and the 2D original Cotton, I'd pick Cotton as for me it has more replay value and I the series.

Comment

I'm sure i saw philosoma there too.

Comment

Don't forget Dezaemon Plus.

Comment

How much do the prices range on the jpn store? I wouldn't mind Gunner's Heaven, Cotton and R-Type Delta.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                        How much do the prices range on the jpn store? I wouldn't mind Gunner's Heaven, Cotton and R-Type Delta.
                        For PS1 games it's Y600 which is around ?2:95 & well worth it.

The Hong Kong store has PS1 games at $33:00 which works out a little cheaper at around ?2:15. The Hong Kong games also list which language they are in which can be handy.

It's worth going for the Hong Kong games as they're a touch cheaper and everything in the Hong Kong store is presented in English which simplifies things a bit...for me anyway.

How are people paying for their Japanese stuff now?

It won't let me use anything in that store apart from the points which is a bit annoying. They seem to accept almost everything in the Hong Kong store though but there are a few things I'd like to get from the Japanese one which aren't in the other yet.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesS View Post
                          Just looking at the latest releases on the Japanese store, there's another shooter called Shienryu (I think) up. Anybody played this? Is it any good?
                          Isn't Shienryu known as Steel Dragon over here? If so, it's OK, kind of a cross between Raiden and Truxton but not quite as good as either. Worth playing, though.

Comment

I've got a couple more now and I'm really loving Gunner's Heaven
                            • Cotton Original
                            • Gunner's Heaven
                            • Metal Slug
                            • Metal Slug X
                            • Philosoma
                            • Raiden
                            • R-Types (R-Type 1 & 2)
                            • R-Type Delta
                            • Sanvein
                            • Shienryu
                            • Sonic Wings Special
                            Shienryu is Steel Dragon over here which I didn't realise at first. I have the Steel Dragon Ex set for the PS2 so couldn't resist the PS1 version.

David, I'm resisting Moon Cresta as I don't see it getting much play really. I'm tempted with Dezaemon Plus after looking it up online but I can't seem to find it in the store.

Comment

I bought Gunners Heaven recently too..Its fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                              X