Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GAME Trade-In Prices for 360

Guys,

I'm thinking of ditching my 360 for a PS3..

Anyone got any idea of how much they give for a Premium 360?
    Do they do trade price matches? (Ie. Against Gamestation/CEX)

Please help!

RagingAvatar

Try giving your local branch a call ?

Comment

They never give trade prices over the phone. They're really helpful like that.
      They're always like "Come down and we'll see.."
      Pain in the ass - I don't really want to pack all my stuff up to find that they'll give me a crap quote..

Comment

It will be <?150 - it was somewhere between ?140-160 last summer, when MS released the Elite, and there's been a price drop since.

Comment

&#163;100 is the trade in value mate and no they dont price matce on trade-ins

Comment

Originally posted by RagingAvatar View Post
            Guys,

I'm thinking of ditching my 360 for a PS3..
            Weirdo.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Hogg View Post
              Weirdo.
              Mainly for MGS4 I admit..

Though for ?100 trade in.. forget it. I love Halo 3 too much for that crap a price.

Comment

Bump. Just thought I'd have a quick moan really. Took some 360 games to trade-in at my local GAME store today (mainly ones I've played through and won't play again or bought and have just never got round to them).

I got 20p trade-in for Pro Evo 6. 20-f'in-pence!! I paid &#163;45 for that brand new less than 2 years ago. The woman serving me said they'd sell it for &#163;3.99 I think. I got &#163;5 for Star Trek Legacy which wasn't bad considering I paid &#163;10 for it brand new but others like The Darkness and Call of Juarez I bought just over a year ago for &#163;30-odd and now I'm lucky to get a fiver for them.

Is there any other entertainment medium that loses second-hand value as much as games?

Comment

Trade-in is just a con all-round. Shops like it because they have such massive profit margins on second hand stuff.

Cex offers pretty good prices, as do some of the independent stores.

The other week I wanted to get rid of my PAL GC games and an official 360 component cable. I gave the guy (at GS) the two games and he offered me &#163;5. I then asked about the cable and he said "that's &#163;5 trade-in, total". So basically I would have been giving them a cable for nothing. It wouldn't have been so bad if he wasn't so unpleasant about it.

Pink Planet gave me &#163;8 cash for the games on their own and were really friendly.
                  Last edited by egparadigm; 16-08-2008, 15:24.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeMeAKipper View Post
                    Bump. Just thought I'd have a quick moan really. Took some 360 games to trade-in at my local GAME store today (mainly ones I've played through and won't play again or bought and have just never got round to them).

I got 20p trade-in for Pro Evo 6. 20-f'in-pence!! I paid ?45 for that brand new less than 2 years ago. The woman serving me said they'd sell it for ?3.99 I think. I got ?5 for Star Trek Legacy which wasn't bad considering I paid ?10 for it brand new but others like The Darkness and Call of Juarez I bought just over a year ago for ?30-odd and now I'm lucky to get a fiver for them.

Is there any other entertainment medium that loses second-hand value as much as games?

What..... i was thinking about trading some games in but they can gtf if that's all there going to offer.

Comment

Don't see how you can call it a "con", you can easily see their selling price, you can see what they offer, and you can shop around and make your own decision.
                      Game are unsurprisingly not too generous, though they do sometimes have some good offers. Gamestation give good prices though I find, and CEX even better. The downside is that any credit you get from CEX has to be used at CEX, and they charge daft prices too.
                      If you can do better selling on here or ebay, then do it, if not surely you can't complain? Game stores suffer from dropping prices too, If a game drops in price a few weeks after release and they still have stock that they paid a higher price for then they're screwed. Pro evo 6 for example is going to be even more worthless in about a month when the new evo and fifa come out.

Comment

also go to the CEX website and you can see all their trade-in prices without having to endure a mile long chav-queue while 25 staff mill about behind the counter pretending to be busy, and random sudden local drunk/ schizophrenic pops in offering everyone a fight.

at least thats the sheffield "were not doing cash today mate" cex experience.

unfortunately after finding the price on their website, you still have to endure all of the above to actually claim your hallowed credit note, then repeat once again to use your credit note for a game you want...

before returning several hours later that day to exchange said game as it didnt work because someone ice skated over the disc and no-one in the shop noticed.

incidentally - Playtime in leeds and sheffield seems to be okay with trade prices.

Comment

And to be fair, they know that second hand copies of games that have yearly updates just won't sell. You'll never get good trade in value anywhere on Pro Evo, FIFA, Madden etc... unless it's the current version.

Comment

Originally posted by Psyduck View Post
                            Don't see how you can call it a "con", you can easily see their selling price, you can see what they offer, and you can shop around and make your own decision.
                            I may be using the term 'con' a little loosely.

The main problem I have with it is that they make a bigger proportion of profit from S/H sales than they do from new games. Whilst the price is usually a little lower (little being the operative word) for S/H games, since the shop doesn't pay VAT, they are in fact making more money from the sale.

A lot of people who trade-in either have more money than sense or are just patently irrational. They're prepared to participate in ripping both themselves and other gamers off, all to the benefit of GAME PLC.

And all of this contributes nothing to developers, to boot.

These are the reasons I rarely use trade-in and prefer to trade here and offer generous prices to other forum users.
                            Last edited by egparadigm; 16-08-2008, 18:01.

Comment

Ahh the moan about trade prices, feels like I am back at work again. We get loads people who moan alot to us about trade prices and fair enough I get their point, paid &#163;40 for a game and it trades in for &#163;6 now. However they don't realise value of games (trade and sale price) drop very quickly (especially yearly sport titles) unless its a big seller or a hard to get hold of game. Most of the old FIFA and PES games sell for like 50p - &#163;1.99 on the PS2, so yes you will get trade prices of 20p - &#163;1.

You will find that GAME and Gamestation don't give high trade prices for Gamecube, PS2 or Xbox titles anymore (I think the most you can hope for is about &#163;8) though. Reason being Gamecube games just don't really sell anymore (the consoles are sold for &#163;14.99!), same applies for Xbox game and in terms of PS2, the games still sell but mostly as part of offers such as 4 for &#163;10 or &#163;4 for 20 so it doesn't really make great business sense to offer ultra high trade prices like CEX.

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
                              The other week I wanted to get rid of my PAL GC games and an official 360 component cable. I gave the guy (at GS) the two games and he offered me &#163;5. I then asked about the cable and he said "that's &#163;5 trade-in, total". So basically I would have been giving them a cable for nothing. It wouldn't have been so bad if he wasn't so unpleasant about it.
                              What games were they? &#163;5 seems an awfully low trade price.
                              Last edited by ezee ryder; 16-08-2008, 18:59.

Comment

Working...
                              X