Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noobish question ps3 connection to internet

ok

i will be using my mothers broadband connection this week to get the ps3 online and download some goodies (thanks for the advice). Can i just remove her pc broadband conection from the modem and connect the ps3? Is it as simple as that?

I have a jap machine - i'm assuming i can go to the uk store and download ok?

cheers

Aslong as the modem has an ethernet conection, you should be able to plug the PS3 into it. However if the modem only has USB connection, I don't think you'll be able to connect as I think the PS3 demands the wired connection be via ethernet. If your mum is using the modem to connect her computer to t'interweb, chances are she's connecting via USB, but the modem may also have an ethernet port that you could use. If the modem has both, then you don't need to unplug your mum's connection, as she'll (probably) be using USB, and then you can use the ethernet port.

I guess the modem isn't wireless, no?

Hope this helpful

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by funkydan View Post
      Aslong as the modem has an ethernet conection, you should be able to plug the PS3 into it. However if the modem only has USB connection, I don't think you'll be able to connect as I think the PS3 demands the wired connection be via ethernet. If your mum is using the modem to connect her computer to t'interweb, chances are she's connecting via USB, but the modem may also have an ethernet port that you could use. If the modem has both, then you don't need to unplug your mum's connection, as she'll (probably) be using USB, and then you can use the ethernet port.

I guess the modem isn't wireless, no?

Hope this helpful

Dan

thanks for that m8

no its a wired connection and the internet is connected via an ethernet cable.

so i just remove this and plug in the ps3's ethernet cable?

Comment

That should work ok

Comment

Sorry to butt in but Ive got a jpn ps3 and a wired modem with ethernet.
          In the front room I have a US ps3 and when swapping the ethernet on the modem it works fine.
          BUT:when I swap the cable for the jpn ps3 in the backroom and reset the router the jpn ps3 won't connect could it be that the 2 ps3 have a conflict in IP addresses?
          I've done a test and I can't get it to connect (failed to resolve DNS?)
          thanks

Comment

Why are you resetting the router? You should just be able to swap the cables over.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
              Why are you resetting the router? You should just be able to swap the cables over.
              thanks mush
              I meant to say reset the modem I only have 1 ethernet port so have to reset it everytime I plug in a new source.

Comment

Working...
              X