Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have to decide between two imports (Rhythm Tengoku and Taiko DS 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to decide between two imports (Rhythm Tengoku and Taiko DS 2)

Have to decide between two imports: Rhythm Tengoku and Taiko DS 2. I liked Wario Ware Twisted but Taiko DS 2 looks fun to. Yeah, I'm leaning towards Tengoku but I'll need some help on this one. Please give some details as to why I should buy one over the other.

Factors to consider:
    -I played/enjoyed Wario Ware Twisted.
    -NEVER played a Taiko game before (Just Ouendan/EBA/Gitaroo Man)
    -Playing a DS game that requires 2 styluses sounds awkward.
    -Only plays handhelds at home.
    -Scared taht $50.00 is a bit too much to spend on Rhythm Tengoku.

So please, PLEASE help ^^:: Oh, and if you wanna discuss something else after you give a recommendation...

Stafy vs Kirby-Who would win?
    Last edited by Smitty7777; 28-04-2008, 06:10.

I much prefer Taiko 2

Comment

tengoku by an absolute mile for me.

Comment

Both are fantastic games but id recommend you get rhythm tengoku first as thats going to be the hardest to find in the future as gba suff is drying up everywhere. You can get taiko 2 later on as its only just come out.

Comment

I'd get Band Bros myself, but yeah.

Stafi would mash up Kirby any day too.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Tengoku is pretty easy in case that's a factor (until the very later levels). Tengoku has a drum thingy in it which is nice.

Comment

Tengoku is amazing. My flatmate used to be an avid gamer but quit in recent years.

He loved Tengoku so much that I recently bought it for his Birthday and, apart from multiplayer Wii, it is the only thing he plays. Its just great mental fun.

Comment

Rhythm Tengoku...by milesandmilesandmiles.

My save file got chumped...but I was still happy to complete it all on perfect a second time. Had it since launch and I still frequently play the drumming aspect. Amazing game...Only played the first Taiko but it feels a bit of a novelty in comparison if you ask me.

Comment

Okay, so~
                  Rhythm Tengoku-5 votes
                  Taiko DS 2-1 vote
                  Daigasso! Band Bros-1 vote (which I won't get simply because I don't like Midi music D-:

Oh, and one guy says Stafy could destroy Kirby inna fight.

Overall, if I work up the nerve to spend $50 (cause I'm cheap like that) on an import it'll be Tengoku because:
                  -The flatmate story: Because I was worried it'd be one of those 'play a whole lot for a few weeks and be done with it' kinda games, but thats been debunked.
                  -Playing it since launch? Must be fun~ :3
                  -Taiko DS 2 does sound like a fun game, but it is an inferior version if it was originally meant for the arcades/consoles.
                  -I dunno, theres something about getting something more obscure that appeals to me.

Also, Stafy could DESTROY Kirby any day of the week in my opinion. Fasterand has a ground pound and spin attack (why did they make him such a weakling in Brawl, though :/ Feels as though Sakurai thinks differently as to who would win).

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty7777 View Post
                    -Taiko DS 2 does sound like a fun game, but it is an inferior version if it was originally meant for the arcades/consoles.
                    I wouldnt say it's that inferior, the touch screen does a pretty good job of replicating the drum. the psp versions dont even have that its buttons only or nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by crocky-chocky View Post
                      Rhythm Tengoku...by milesandmilesandmiles.

My save file got chumped...but I was still happy to complete it all on perfect a second time. Had it since launch and I still frequently play the drumming aspect. Amazing game...Only played the first Taiko but it feels a bit of a novelty in comparison if you ask me.

Sums it up for me as well.
                      When I was in Japan last year this game was everywhere.
                      Funny seeing people on trains etc tapping their feet and bashing the buttons on their micros / ds`s etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X