Earthbound coming to VC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earthbound coming to VC?

Just got it's esrb rating, we know this doesn't always mean we're definately get it but it's got to be a good sign!

It also topped the nintendo power most requested VC titles as well.... Fingers crossed!

It'll be US only mind

Comment

I'll definitely pick it up, though I do have the cartridge and the GBA version

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
        It'll be US only mind
        European VC does gets imports, and it is clear that game will hit here now that copyright problems have been solved.

Comment

I long for this to be true, I pretty much bought my Wii for it. But Nintendo seems to try as hard as possible to piss off Mother fans so I'm less than hopeful

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
            I long for this to be true, I pretty much bought my Wii for it. But Nintendo seems to try as hard as possible to piss off Mother fans so I'm less than hopeful
            This has more to do with Mother's developer than Nintendo. EB features certain samples that were directly ripped off from popular pop/rock songs, and thanks to that, game has been in legal limbo for more than few years. This is also reason why game was removed from Brawl's Masterpieces, and one of the game's EB songs was replaced with another one during development. Now Nintendo has gone so far as replaced offending songs, which isn't really that easy feat to do in SNES rom file.
            Last edited by elkatas; 03-05-2008, 04:50.

Comment

What are the songs they've replaced?

Comment

Originally posted by stainboy View Post
                What are the songs they've replaced?
                No idea, as I haven't played Earthbound ever.

Comment

It was the opening three notes of les mareseilles but like the beatles song. I think anyway
                  Typical this is going to drop just when my wii goes on the blink

Comment

This months EDGE claims Earthbound is getting an EU VC release, though I've not seen this news anywhere else.

I'd assume it's bogus, but EDGE is a pretty reputable source, no?

Comment

I rember reading this in a Nintendo Mag afaw days ago i will check when i get in tonight and update on this

Comment

Looks like we won't be getting this after all

Comment

Starman.net? Never heard of them.
                          I'm sure they said the same about Super Mario RPG too

Kotaku will report just about anything these days...

Comment

Starmen.net is a Mother/Earthbound fansite. They've been quite fanatical about geting Earthbound oto the VC so I'm inclined to believe what they have to say about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                              Starman.net? Never heard of them.
                              I'm sure they said the same about Super Mario RPG too

Kotaku will report just about anything these days...
                              They're pretty big for a fan site - they got over 30,000 signatures on a Mother 3 petition, then when it didn't get a release, they translated the damn thing themselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X