No announcement yet.

Best Arcade Stick Ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had my Hori SC2 stick for 6 years. It's not the best but It is a good reliable stick and better and more durable than the regular Hori sticks they put out nowadays.

Comment

I don't think there is any way around it really - you have to go all Sanwa or Seimitsu. Most Hori sticks are actually build with Sanwa/Seimitsu buttons but with Hori's own rip-off sticks or vice versa (it's a bit of a jungle). The newer ones by Hori (thinking SFIV etc) is to be pure Seimitsu, so hurray for Seimitsu fans. Madcatz (of all companies) have done a complete Sanwa stick with SFIV in mind.

Personally I prefer Sanwa all the way. On my AstroCity cabinet I've got Seimitsu sticks/Sanwa buttons and was pretty pleased up until I ordered Sanwa parts for modding my DC arcade stick. The Sanwa stick is much more buttery and is preferable if you move your fingers more than your hand. The Seimitsu stick has a smaller dead-zone but is also really tight and you have to move your hand more for execution.

The DC stick is REALLY easy to mod.

Never play SFIII without it:

Comment

Sounds like Sanwa is generally better than Semitsu for fighters if you have to move your hand less when executing a move. There are times when you have to execute a lot of movements in a split second so the less effort the better.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
          The Neo Geo stick is awesome and I was also a big fan of the Sega Mega Stick Asciiware for the MegaDrive.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, now that Mega Stick takes me back to some good old days playing Forgotten Worlds, Ghouls n Ghosts & Chaos Engine!!

A great stick indeed & as has been said it was hard as nails!!
          It was comfy too.

Comment

Working...
          X