PS3 replacement via Sony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 replacement via Sony

Just a quick question. When Sony arrange replacements via their own courier service do they give you a new PS3 or a refurb as a replacement?

It will most likely be a refurb. Are Sony even still making 60GBs let alone selling them?

Comment

If it's a 60 gig it's a refurb, 40 gig units till in warranty = a new one.

I've signed up to continuous play now as my machine's out of warranty.

Comment

It's a 40gb still in warranty. How do I tell if I get a refurb or a new one?
        Last edited by Unwell Cat; 06-05-2008, 11:27.

Comment

Not sure mate. I had my 60 gig replaced and they said it was a refurb but it looked completely new to me. The refurbed PS3s are made to look like new according to Sony (when i spoke to them). I guess we'd all like a new one as a replacement but it's not like the 360 situation where you used to get back a total bag of nails that had been sat in a student flat for a year! My mate's replacement 360 had a coffee ring stain on the top.

Comment

Makes a change from a red ring! boom boom

Comment

Poor old Unwell cat, first he gets invaded by the Giant Bugs from EDF and now his PS3 is b0rked

Comment

Really excellent service from Sony. Rang Thursday last week. Arranged collection for today. Man turned up at 09:30. Gave me a PS3 and took my faulty one away.

I even had a text message at 08:00 this morning from Sony stating if I wanted to change the delivery date from today to text them back with the new date and they would sort it all out for me.

I get to keep the one delivered. I checked with Sony and they are refurbs which have gone through complete testing. Sony also do a full outer shell case replacement on each one they replace.

End result the one I have looks brand new.

Why can't MS offer the same level of service?

Comment

Because they'd be broke?

Comment

Originally posted by Unwell Cat View Post
                    Really excellent service from Sony. Rang Thursday last week. Arranged collection for today. Man turned up at 09:30. Gave me a PS3 and took my faulty one away.

I even had a text message at 08:00 this morning from Sony stating if I wanted to change the delivery date from today to text them back with the new date and they would sort it all out for me.

I get to keep the one delivered. I checked with Sony and they are refurbs which have gone through complete testing. Sony also do a full outer shell case replacement on each one they replace.

End result the one I have looks brand new.

Why can't MS offer the same level of service?

woulndt happen to have the number handy my 40gb made a noise last night and wont read any discs now

also do i have to show a reciept or anything?

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by mini0ne View Post
                      woulndt happen to have the number handy my 40gb made a noise last night and wont read any discs now

also do i have to show a reciept or anything?

cheers
                      I'll have a hunt around for the number for you mate. Didn't have to show any receipt, they just asked me when I bought it (lthough it might have changed now).

Try this number mate (from their website) -

08705 99 88 77

Comment

If you use "say no 0870" you'll get the local number for Sony instead of that premium rate one.

They do like to keep you on hold which quickly adds up!!

Comment

Working...
                        X