Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third party X360 wireless adaptors?

As the title.

Are there any? I can only seem to find the official one. ?60 seems very steep.

There is no other option other than buying a wireless bridge, which is a lot less tidy and not a huge amount cheaper.

Comment

Good point though, wonder why Joytech or someone haven't brought one out, can't be that expensive to make, knock it out at £40 mark and watch the cash roll in.

Comment

Well they'd essentially need to make an exact clone of the MS branded one... I'm no expert, but I'd guess it's not that straight-forward.

I use a wireless bridge powered by USB (they have to have an external power source). With all the faff involved, I'd look around for a good deal on the MS adapter; if you can find one for <?40 I'd go with that.

Comment

I think you can get US ones for about &#163;45 on ebay

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
            Good point though, wonder why Joytech or someone haven't brought one out, can't be that expensive to make, knock it out at ?40 mark and watch the cash roll in.
            Havn't microsoft got all kinds of security protection on the USB ports to allow them total control over what USB peripherals will and won't work on the 360?

Comment

Only as far as controllers are concerned - taking USB power from those ports won't be blocked.

Comment

I think I read on here that someone was using one of these in bridge mode - and it gets power from a USB port so would be handy for the 360 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-D-Link-3in...QQcmdZViewItem

For that price though you can sometimes pick up a 2nd hand official adapter on here (I've just sold one for &#163;35)

Pete

Comment

Working...
                X