Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SNK Classics PS2 coming out in PAL-land???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SNK Classics PS2 coming out in PAL-land???

Just a quick question. Is this coming out in the UK, because I know the Art Of Fighting one came out fairly recently?

Please say it is so. /

I don't know if it is, would be cool I guess. Thing is though, the best games on it cost peanuts on MVS. The stuff released so far is pretty good on PS2 and for those that aren't that fussed about what platform they play them on it's great.

I'd rather track down the carts though for the better games on this and maybe get this as filler for the ones that aren't worth all that internet buying nonsense that tracking down old games usually involves.

Comment

^I'd love to get a Neo Geo and all the carts but have a limit to the amount of space/money I have, and it's just not practical for me at the present time.

However, one PS2 game on my shelf, at a budget price (which it will likely be if released over here) is a mouthwatering prospect, and may even tempt me to get a Neo Geo in the future, when I'll possibly be more rich...

Comment

Originally posted by lovergoat View Post
        I don't know if it is, would be cool I guess. Thing is though, the best games on it cost peanuts on MVS. The stuff released so far is pretty good on PS2 and for those that aren't that fussed about what platform they play them on it's great.

I'd rather track down the carts though for the better games on this and maybe get this as filler for the ones that aren't worth all that internet buying nonsense that tracking down old games usually involves.
        are you aware of the actual listing of the games on this collection:
        ART OF FIGHTING
        BASEBALL STARS 2
        BURNING FIGHT
        FATAL FURY
        KING OF FIGHTERS '94
        KING OF THE MONSTERS
        LAST RESORT
        MAGICIAN LORD
        METAL SLUG
        NEO TURF MASTERS
        SAMURAI SHODOWN
        SENGOKU
        SHOCK TROOPERS
        SUPER SIDEKICKS 3
        TOP HUNTER
        WORLD HEROES

Sorry about the caps as i copy/paste'd from VG+

The guys over at the Neo forums are giving this a kicking stating the PSP version is much better

Comment

It's not all that expensive. You could find a cab for a couple of hundred quid or a lot less if you get lucky. Or a supergun and an MVS board, that way you can pick up most of the better games for ?5-?20 if your not fussed about how collectible their condition is. Way more sensible that trying to get good stuff for an NGH/AES on a budget.

But yeah, 16 carts Vs 1 PS2 box is a serious amount of space saved.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
            The guys over at the Neo forums are giving this a kicking stating the PSP version is much better
            You mean the PS2 version? You got a link so I can check it out?

Comment

Originally posted by lovergoat View Post
              But yeah, 16 carts Vs 1 PS2 box is a serious amount of space saved.
              the price point for the collection is £10 which is bargainous

but ps2 vs cab there is only 1 winner, but for £10 its worth a punt

my copy should be coming across the sea from Play-asia

i ordered that, fatal fury battle archive vol 2 and world heroes anthology for $60 all USA versions

£30 ish for 24 Neo games is lovely
              Last edited by buster_broon; 08-05-2008, 21:32.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                are you aware of the actual listing of the games on this collection:
                ART OF FIGHTING
                BASEBALL STARS 2
                BURNING FIGHT
                FATAL FURY
                KING OF FIGHTERS '94
                KING OF THE MONSTERS
                LAST RESORT
                MAGICIAN LORD
                METAL SLUG
                NEO TURF MASTERS
                SAMURAI SHODOWN
                SENGOKU
                SHOCK TROOPERS
                SUPER SIDEKICKS 3
                TOP HUNTER
                WORLD HEROES

Sorry about the caps as i copy/paste'd from VG+

I haven't looked at what's on the PSP version to be honest. If I was gonna cherry pick from those though, Id say AOF, BBS2, KOF94, MS, Samurai Shodown and Shock Troopers make this well worth picking up if you have no other way of playing them.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                  You mean the PS2 version? You got a link so I can check it out?
                  clicky PS2 version

clicky PSP version

Comment

^Cheers buster, nice one.

Comment

video of the psp version on youtube

Comment

Can't wait for this to arrive now. Might pick pick up the percy PS2 version when it's out all the same. A lot cheaper than going the Virtual Console route.

Comment

The PSP version looks really good to me. I'd be tempted to pick up the PS2 version if it was released over here though.

It's not something that would a great deal of play from me. The people on the NeoGeo forums are generally after pixel perfect copies of the games or nothing at all & I'm probably not as fussy about that myself due to NeoGeo essentially being the Metal Slug franchise and not much else for me.

It's reassuring to see that it's called Volume 1 so hopefully we'll get more later.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post

It's reassuring to see that it's called Volume 1 so hopefully we'll get more later.
                            yeah i agree, but its called SNK classics and not Neo Geo classics so hopefully we will ahve alot more pre 1990 stuff

Comment

I think the concensus is that it's far worse than being imperfect ports.

Hello fellow Neo Geo and SNK fans. Well we all waited for it. Looked to be amazing! Its not. It fails on many many levels. The good news first. You get 15 games! Neat intro and the design is pretty cool overall. The bad news......yikes. Every game on here is busted. There is either...

Sounds like a pretty awful compilation to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X