Metal Slug PAL VC 50hz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal Slug PAL VC 50hz?

I think I can probably guess the answer to this, but thought I'd ask anyway ...

Originally posted by Jay View Post
    I think I can probably guess the answer to this, but thought I'd ask anyway ...
    Yup, but I'm not actually sure that are game's optimized run at correct speed. So far as I know, Virtual Console's NeoGeo games are ports instead of emulations of old rom files. You could buy Metal Slug Anthology for Wii. All games on that have 60 hz. Although you are forced to play with Gamecube controller, it isn't that bad. In fact, I can manage to get into fourth level of first MS without dying with Cube controller.

Comment

Anyone who has downloaded this able to confirm/deny 50hz with no optimisation?

Comment

The comments on the review at Duddyroar's Virtual Console Reviews say it's 50hz.

Comment

Cheers Matty, it seems certain then.

No hope for an accurate Metal Slug in the correct resolution for me then...

Comment

I think the PAL Metal Slug Anthology has a 60hz option but you'll need a Classic Controller to play it properly. It's odd if the VC version doesn't because I've heard the Neo Geo games on VC are actually ports rather than emulated ROMs so I can't understand why they'd make two different versions.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
              I think the PAL Metal Slug Anthology has a 60hz option but you'll need a Classic Controller to play it properly.
              It only supports Gamecube Controller. Furthermore, Gamecube controller works just fine, and analog stick isn't hinderance, except if you are wuss.

Comment

Originally posted by elkatas View Post
                It only supports Gamecube Controller. Furthermore, Gamecube controller works just fine, and analog stick isn't hinderance, except if you are wuss.
                agreed. Don't understand all the fuss about analogue sticks being no good for 2D. rubbish! Utter rubbish.

Fighters are exempt from this rule.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
                  The comments on the review at Duddyroar's Virtual Console Reviews say it's 50hz.
                  Wish VC Reviews would include that kind of info as standard. It's almost not worth reading the site any more without it, to be honest. Still, to give the lads credit, Wii Ware World looks brilliant work.

Comment

Opinions please. I found this on You Tube, Metal Slug is only on PAL and Jap VC so this must be the PAL version, right?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I can see borders, but it looks the right speed to me (and the music sounds ok). What do you think?

Comment

Neo Geo VC games = emulation

3rd question.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
                        agreed. Don't understand all the fuss about analogue sticks being no good for 2D. rubbish! Utter rubbish.

Fighters are exempt from this rule.
                        I don't think it's impossible to play 2D with an analogue stick, but it just never feels quite right. Given the choice, I'd say most people would prefer a D-pad (or stick where applicable).

Comment

Originally posted by Grapple Convoy View Post
                          Wish VC Reviews would include that kind of info as standard. It's almost not worth reading the site any more without it, to be honest. Still, to give the lads credit, Wii Ware World looks brilliant work.
                          Back when the site first started they used to include that and I'm not sure why they dropped it, except perhaps because there are only a tiny handful of VC games that were optimised and it wasn't worth updating it any more. I hadn't even noticed it had gone until just recently as I have a US machine and wasn't looking for it.
                          Last edited by MattyD; 16-05-2008, 14:33.

Comment

Working...
                          X