Gametrailers Blows It with PS3/360 Footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gametrailers Blows It with PS3/360 Footage

So I poked the console-wars snake last week and learned a big Fat Albert lesson about people's feelings in the process. Gametrailers, with a longer history than me, not so much.

Seen this a few times on Gamestailers - do they have something going on with MS?

Not the first time either!!

Possibly an innocent cock up though. Just can't imagine they'd try to get it wrong like that, particularly with the controls fairly obviously all over the screen for all to see like that.

It's a shame they didn't just say it was a mistake rather than removing it all which really hasn't helped them.

Comment

A lot of sites do this now but most of them don't mess it up like this The Eurogamer ones are particularly good as they actually attempt to quantify the differences between versions instead of just saying ZOMG 360 / PS3 IS TEH SUXXOR!!1. It may just be fanboy baiting but from a site editor's point of view it gets a lot of hits and discussion so it's a worthwhile feature to run.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
        Not the first time either!!

Possibly an innocent cock up though. Just can't imagine they'd try to get it wrong like that, particularly with the controls fairly obviously all over the screen for all to see like that.

It's a shame they didn't just say it was a mistake rather than removing it all which really hasn't helped them.
        I don't think deliberately driving one car straight into a wall and driving one car at an angle is a innocent mistake.
        It wasn't the fact that they were back to front that is the issue, it's the fact they have totally been setup to make one look bad.

I've always found Gametrailers comparison videos to be pointless, it isn't very often you can see the differences in graphical quality in a low res low bitrate flash video file.
        Last edited by EvilBoris; 10-05-2008, 20:02.

Comment

Ha ha - I did footage of both myself last night on HD camera. I can understand on replay them messing up as theirs nowt in it hardly if you use the cimematic camera for replay in comparison apart from 720pvs1080p. I binned my PS3 one though as it stuttered like mad incockpit playing in framrate. Peed off as yet again PS3 had 7.1 so was at least tempted for a double dip again on this

Comparisons are a waste if you dont use HD feed you just cant see and same with rest of it like how are you susposed to do a 100% comparison of grid unless their both on TT anyway, any cars that get in the way any damage done etc.. alters one version over the other.

If you show footage do it right
          GRID demo on the xbox 360 at 1080p - Track 3 the road circuit in replay mode all ingame footage.
          Last edited by Guest; 10-05-2008, 20:02.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            I don't think deliberately driving one car straight into a wall and driving one car at an angle is a innocent mistake.
            It wasn't the fact that they were back to front that is the issue, it's the fact they have totally been setup to make one look bad.
            I'd agree completely about driving one car straight into a wall and driving one car at an angle not being an innocent mistake.

What I was thinking may of happened is that at the moment that site is going to have possibly 100s of different clips from that game with labelling something along the lines of:
            grid_crash_062_PS3

grid_crash_063_360
            grid_crash_064_360
            grid_crash_065_PS3
            etc

While I don't know of the specific process of that site but clips like those could be passed through the hands of a dozen or more people between being recorded & being published and if it was done in error it really should have been picked up by somebody who has handled them.

The way I see it they would have surely known that this would have been picked up online almost instantly? That's what it's like online, people pull these things apart and as soon as one person knows something, everybody else does.

Now I'm not for a second suggesting that they didn't do it intentionally but the way I see it that explanation seems far less likely than the one where they've made a simple & not entirely unique error...but of course I could well be wrong about it!

Comment

I cant stand these comparrison videos, all they do is start giant flame wars, i laugh at you gametrailers ho ho ho

Comment

Working...
              X