Japanese PS1 Platformers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese PS1 Platformers.

Gosh! I've just created a PS3 Japanese account and the amount of stuff there is blowing me away!

I'm just about to download Adventure of little Ralph, I've also spotted Metal Slug 1 and Gunners Heaven.

Anyone tell me some stuff to look out for please? platform/run and gun types.

If you can tell me names..i'll source the box art and find it myself.

Thank you.

(Does anyone know if either of the MSX collections have vampire killer on?)

Is little Ralph the only run/jump type on there?

Thanks.

Comment

Not pointless, but after finishing little Ralph, it seems only 1 2d platforming series in existance is better. (Mario, incase you weren't sure)

Boy! this game looks like a high quality Ps2 game..its ace in progressive scan, I remember when i had it on the PS1 and it was fairly pixalated but not ugly by any stretch of the imagination.

The pace is beautiful, the learning curb is nice, but be prepared for 8-3 as that is one hell of a stage and its bloody aces.

What a game!

Comment

How are you paying for the JPN stuff bud?
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Using www.gamepointsnow.com I bought a 3000 yen card (£20.95) theres a code to use on this forum for 50p discount also.

Comment

Ive always wanted to play this, im glad its on ps store. Quick Question, is it available on the HK store? As i wouldn't mind avoiding going through all those menus if i dont have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
              Ive always wanted to play this, im glad its on ps store. Quick Question, is it available on the HK store? As i wouldn't mind avoiding going through all those menus if i dont have to.
              I'm sure i saw it in the HK store. It would of been under the Japanese classics icon.

Box art for you (incase you weren't sure)

Let me know if you can't find it and I'll go into the PSN and give you instructions...

Comment

Thanks for your help mate. Just bought it from JPN store, 59mb. Thats really small, but im sure its full of goodness. Bought 1,000 points of gamepointsnow, but what am i suppose to do with the remaining 400 yen.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                  Using www.gamepointsnow.com I bought a 3000 yen card (?20.95) theres a code to use on this forum for 50p discount also.
                  Nice site, thanks for the tip. I noticed they don't sell US PSN points though, what's the best place to get those?

Comment

Speaking of ps1 platformers. Im trying to remember a name for a game. It was a blatent ripoff of Guardian Heroes, but it was really good. Can anyone help me and name it? i hope its on ps store.

Comment

Sane..I'm not sure of the PSN Cards are Japanese only..maybe someone else can shed some light on that....

Zero..I know Gunners Heaven is like gunstar heroes..not sure if you mean that? I have Gunners heaven and its fantastic!

Comment

Zero9x is the game your thinking called Panzer Bandit by any chance?

Always looked similar to Guardian Heroes (but no where near as good!)

Comment

Any other games from the Japanese store that you guys would recommend? I just bought 5000Y of credit off eBay and I'm not sure what to use the rest of it on!

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                            Zero9x is the game your thinking called Panzer Bandit by any chance?
                            Thats the one Family Fry, thanks very much. love the graphical style of it. Does anyone know if its available on PS Store?

Comment

Working...
                            X