What JPN PS2 Winning Eleven game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What JPN PS2 Winning Eleven game?

Never played any barring the very first PSOne one.

There seems to be an awful lot of them available. Do the International versions have English text? What is this I read about save hacking too?

Anyway some recommendations would be great.
    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 11-05-2008, 09:35.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

I like the fast pace of number 10.

Comment

None of the Japanese ones have English text from memory. If you want the "best" experience then you'll want one of the most recent ones - J.League Winning Eleven 2007 Club Championship or Winning Eleven 2008. I'd go with the J.League one for the single player career mode, but they are pretty much alike on gameplay.

The last one with an active 'save hacking' (just updates to teams, kits, etc) community is - as far as I'm aware - Winning Eleven 10, as the later versions weren't compatible with the editors used beforehand.

Some will also point you in the direction of Winning Eleven 6: Final Evolution, which is considered by many to be the high-point.

Comment

I've always sorta known about 6:FE being the best one. Can you hack the save on that one? I think I'll go with that as it's BB Unit compatible for zero load times too.

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
        WE7:International
        The reasons why this is great have already been mentioned, but personally I just can't resist booting this up after watching footy on TV.
        Huge game, and frighteningly realstic. I feel I've only scratched the surface of it, so I'll be skipping WE8 untill the next installment with English language appears.
        That post made me think the International versions had English text.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

WE6 for me

Comment

The last one, J.League Winning Eleven 2007 Club Championship. Features The J.Leagues and European/South American club teams. Lots of new modes such as Fantasia mode.

Or, as already mentioned, WE10. This is great for its speed. A load of fun.
            Personally, I play J.League WE 2007 for single player and get WE10 out for multiplayer.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
              That post made me think the International versions had English text.
              Yep, WE7 International is indeed in English (and Spanish, French etc). AFAIK, that's the only one though. I stopped buying them at WE9 and none of the others were.

Comment

6FE? That is not the best one - the only people who think that are the GC owning people that don't have PS2s. WE10 is lovely.

Comment

J League WE10

best of the lot.

Comment

I agree I have been playing since Winning Eleven on PSOne n I must agree Winning Eleven 10 CC J.League is the best closely followed by Winning Eleven 7: International I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Stroppy View Post
                      WE6 for me
                      110%!!!

Comment

I'm going for WE7:International. It has English text and supports the BB Unit, so ticks both boxes.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                        X