Drift Games on PS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drift Games on PS2

Hey guys been looking on Ebay for the PS2 Drift games & I've come across a few so was wondering what you would recommend as a good series??

I did own Initial D but didnt have a wheel at the time so didnt really get the best out of it this time however I'll be buying a wheel for the games so aside from Initial D I've looked at the following games...

Kaido Battle Drift 1-3
    D1 Professional Drift

I can get the first Kaido Battle for about ?6 delivered from Italy for that sort of money I'm tempted to just buy it anyway but are the Kaido Games any good & what of the D1 games??

Ta

Neil

I had the first D1 game and quite liked it, mainly because i was drifting at the time, but the graphics, sound etc were a bit ropey. The other thing about it was that it was like a proper drift compition, which i liked but might be odd for most people, ie you only drive 3 or 4 corners and get marked on it, you don't do laps of a circuit. I liked the car selection though, it had the type of cars you would really use to drift, ie AE86's, S13's, JZX's etc and it was licenced so it included all the proper D1 drivers.

The Kaido battle games are pretty good, although i've not played them much, i think i heard 3 was the one to get.

Comment

Thanks for the review list Charles Much appreciated...keep forgetting the reviews section here

Well I've just found Kaido 2 brand new from Japan for ?12 delivered & ordered that

Will see how I get on with that one then add 3 & one of the D1 games.

Vince,

My mate drifts as well so I do understand the sort of mechanics to the series & I reckon I'd quite enjoy the serious side of the D1 games as well.

Thanks for the help guys it's appreciated.

Neil

Comment

The first link you have, the 2005 one is the newest. I've only played the other one but i heard the sequel was better.

Comment

Thanks for that Vince will deffinitley pick up the newer one in a couple of weeks after payday

Will let you know how I get on with it.

Neil

Comment

Ridge Racer V should not be overlooked, oh no.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

good JPN drift games are ridge racer 6, battle gear 2, battle gear 3 and Kaido Battle 2: Chain Reaction.
              Auto Modellista is also good.

Comment

Both Kaido Battle 2 and Kaido Battle 3 were released in the UK and both can be found dirt cheap. Konami retitled them Kaido Racer and Kadio Racer 2 respectively. The only downer is that both games have large borders, however a modern modded PS2 will allow you to force the games into full screen 60Hz goodness.

Personally I'm not a massive fan of drift racers, but I do like the Initial D games despite being rubbish at them.

Comment

Genki are the best for these, stuff like Kaido is spot on and C1 Racing Grand Prix.

Comment

Thanks Gossi

I had seen the PAL versions but alas I only actually own a Jpn PS2 so have had to go with the Imports in this case.

My copy of Kaido 2 - Chain Reaction should be here in a few days so will see how I fare with that & then decide on if I want any others or not.

Neil

Comment

Working...
                    X