What Wiiware games to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Wiiware games to buy

I have 2000 points that i have had for about 16 months burning a hole in my pocket. Which of the PAL launch games would i be pleased with.

At the moment it is two from POP, Lost Winds, Toki Tori

Though i have always been a DR Mario fan and do like the look of Star Soldier. Do either of these have online scoreboards? That is a big selling point of POP to me.
    Last edited by The Mole; 19-05-2008, 22:47.

I have a US Wii so I`m not sure what games are out on the PAL nertwork.
    But heres my input all the same -

Lostwinds is good if a little short.
    A few mates have done it in a couple of hours, I did it in about four as I wanted to find all the little secret bags of treasure. I still have one to find. Its a charming little gem and cant wait for the next part to come out. If you liked Okami you`ll love this

StarSoldier has online scores and is very addictive, great if you have a room of mates fighting over the controller. 2 minute mode solves all the "My turn" problems a few after pub game sessions can have.

Not had a look at FF yet. Have a look in the first play threads. Kryss and a few others seem to be having a good time with it. Either that or Dr Mario will be my next WiiWear title.

Good tip - get yourself a cheap one gig sd card to back up your VC games as the memory space is at a premium now. Picmemry are doing sandisk one gig cards for about a fiver.

Have fun.
    Last edited by huxley; 19-05-2008, 23:54. Reason: Added some text as the first post was done on my Wii.

Comment

Check out all the WiiWare reviews at WiiWare World

The Star Soldier R review is just up. Toki Tori and Dr Mario to follow shortly.

There are reviews for all the other games like LostWinds, Pop, etc too!

Comment

I think Dr Mario has online ranking, kinda similar to the points thing like mario kart.

Star Soldier R has online scoreboards, not sure if the US/UK one is the same(i guess it'll be pretty much the same thing) but the Japanese one has scoreboards for World,Japan,and Area in Japan.
        I made a vid of it a while ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv6jh_m6taE

Out of the 3 games i bought (dr mario/star solder r/okiraku ping pong) i probably spent the most time playing Star Soldier R, although that's partially because i suck at Dr Mario and got tired of getting the crap kicked out of me by Japanese women.

Be warned though star soldier r is a fairly short game (but alot of replay factor to improve your score), 1 stage only in 2minute mode and 2 stages in 5minute mode.
        I only ever played 2 minutes mode though, only actually ever tried 5minute mode twice.

Comment

The US version has the option for areas as well. I just set mine to "other"
          Score boards have World and North/South America

Comment

Im buying Final Fantasy and Lost Winds come tomorrow. Ive got 2600 points just waiting for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
              Im buying Final Fantasy and Lost Winds come tomorrow. Ive got 2600 points just waiting for them.
              They are both are now??!

Comment

Turns out the game i was most looking forward to (pop) has not been released

Its now between Star Soldier and Toki Tori

Comment

was reading some bug issues with Pop the other day on rllmuk, wonder if they've pulled it to fix them ?

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                    was reading some bug issues with Pop the other day on rllmuk, wonder if they've pulled it to fix them ?
                    Nic from Nnooo has been posting a bit about some issues on Pop on WW. It seems to be connectivity issues for some people.

Dr Mario and Toki Tori reviews are up now

Comment

I'm playing Lost Winds right now and it's really nice. Mines on a U.S machine so the 1000 points that it cost me work out at around a fiver, well worth it I.M.O .

Comment

Working...
                      X