streets of rage II stuck in trial mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

streets of rage II stuck in trial mode

I went back to streets of rage 2 the other day and it goes through the 'this is a trial version' spiel, despite the fact i've already downloaded it.

I've tried deleting it and redownloading, but it still won't unlock the full game. any ideas?

Edit, all the sega games are doing it
    Last edited by Strider; 21-05-2008, 08:09.

Is this while connected online?

Comment

Yes, all the other Sega games are suffering from it as well

Comment

Thats a strange one for sure. I was playing streets of rage 2, two nights ago without a problem.
        Thinking about it, I'm sure there was a thread fairly recently on here where someone had the same problem with sega games......

Comment

Same here, it's when you move to a new xbox from the one you downloaded it on. I've tried everything even going to gamertag download history and downloading again (as recommended by msft) and it still get stuck in trial mode.

Comment

great so we can't play games we've actually paid for

Comment

I have the same problem with Golden Axe.

I have been tempted to ring customer services but in the past it's been so painful due to Mexican women not understanding my stupid British accent.

Comment

I was the one who found the fix, I'll go find my previous post and put it in here...

Edit: Here's the post:

Open the game as normal, obviously it'll say trial still even though it's the full game, then go to unlock the game and press A to do so then when it says restart the game don't, just press B to back out and continue, if done right you should be able to see the "Load Game" (on most) then you'll know its the full game and start playing.
                Hope that help's,

Olly.
                Last edited by Olly C; 21-05-2008, 16:44.

Comment

Does it not work if you select the option unlock it from the games menu?

I had this with Puzzle Quest and as long as I use the in game option to unlock the full thing, let it download the DRM key (only takes a sec) and then select continue, it works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                    Does it not work if you select the option unlock it from the games menu?

I had this with Puzzle Quest and as long as I use the in game option to unlock the full thing, let it download the DRM key (only takes a sec) and then select continue, it works fine.
                    Nope, doesn't work like that with the Sega games, the others as long as you are signed into Live it doesn't matter you just re-unlock/re-download and your fine, the DRM only gets transferred reguarding offline play if you have your machine repaired by MS, if you exchange it instore or upgrade the games won't work offline what ever you do at the moment.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the help Olly (we share the same name).

I'll give it a try when my home interwebs are working again.

Comment

Yay its fixed!

Comment

Working...
                        X