Rock Band useful info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rock Band useful info

Just got Rock Band myself, US PS3-version bought on eBay. I've read a lot about various problems people have had with their instruments and thought it would be a good idea to have a topic where we can help each other out. So if you have any advice for fixing/silencing/enhancing the various instruments, please feel free to contribute.

I've scimmed the previous Rock Band-threads and found this useful stuff:

For silencing the drums
    "Sock Mod" for the drums
    Strum fix
    Video of guy fixing the strum with tape

Guitar compatibility chart (updated?)

Okay I have a question - how do I configure it so I can use the XBL headset for vocals, whilst I play guitar/drums? I unplugged the real mike, and put a headset into the connector on the drums and it said "please connect mike to USB".

What else do I need to do?

Comment

I dont have it but I've heard people saying it needs to be plugged into the player two controller!? Try that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
        I dont have it but I've heard people saying it needs to be plugged into the player two controller!? Try that.
        Yup was doing it last night.

Comment

Has anyone from the UK successfully RMA'd there US PS3 guitar? Mines shagged completely, thinking 60quid for UK one seems a bit steep so might as well see if I got a chance of getting my one replaced.
          Thanks in advance

Comment

Found another site for drumpads: http://rockbanddrumpads.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo2 View Post
              Found another site for drumpads: http://rockbanddrumpads.com/
              I ordered these a couple of days ago off this lot, have a despatch and tracker so will post back what they are like when they show up

Comment

Does anybody know if the USB mic that came with dreadful PS2 game Get On Da Mic would work with Rock Band? Thanks.

Comment

I've found that wrapping material (I used a sock) around the ends of your drumsticks and turning them more into marching mallet type drum stick, deadens the sound and protects the drum itself.

The material has to be attached by tape to help it stay on the end, but it does the trick for me!

I personally think it also helps the hit as it's more like a pound with the hit having a larger spread.

Comment

Here's a few links about the bass drum pedals

I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Tried drumming 6-7 songs yesterday, worked fine, but after reading all the stories (circling on the web) I'm afraid to touch the instruments again :-D

Comment

any uk sites or ebay sellers in uk that have the drum pads?

Comment

Don't know about any yesteryeargames, but I ordered mine from rockbanddrumpad.com and they came to $29.99 shipped, which equals about £15 (or NOK150 incase capcom_suicide and Raggen77 reads this)

Comment

Working...
                        X