Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many Megaman games have there been?

I would have guessed about 65.

Go on - post your guess first and then find out in this Gamestop article about Capcom's biggest selling games.

how on earth are there 50 resident evil games?

Comment

They must count different format versions as separate games, surely. Given all the remakes and re-releases there have been over the years, it must reach 50 pretty quickly if that's the case.

Comment

far too many, every one I've ever tried has been utter ****e, I have never understood who buys them all to make it worth them churning them out endlessly.

Comment

Forget rockman i find the fact that theres been 59 streetfighter games more shocking thats 59 too many.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
            far too many, every one I've ever tried has been utter ****e, I have never understood who buys them all to make it worth them churning them out endlessly.
            They're dinosaurs - certainly the gameplay doesn't hold up well now, but if you played them at the time, the recent graphics updates like the PSP ones are quite fun. Assuming you mean the Megaman games.

Comment

That number covers releases to all regions. Still, real number on invidual games is around 70 or so. And you know what is sad? I have played most of them.

Comment

There are alot of MM games only a small handful are good, I'm happy Resident Evil sold more.

Comment

Ive played most of them. But i couldn't list them, theres just so many. Off the top of my head, one most people have probably not said. I think it was called Megaman 3, i don't know. It might have been a mix between 2+3 but it was on the original gameboy.

It played exactly the same as the nes version and the music was awesome. My memory is kind of hazy, so if anyone can correct me if im wrong. Or explain if its really good or was i looking at it through my pre-adolescent eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                    Off the top of my head, one most people have probably not said. I think it was called Megaman 3, i don't know. It might have been a mix between 2+3 but it was on the original gameboy.
                    You are probably talking about Mega Man 3 for Gameboy. It is decent game, but suffers from the fact that Mega Man is way too big if compared to his surroundings.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/gamebo...ii/screenshots

Comment

Bizarrely enough, I was just a few minutes ago playing Megaman X again, which is probably my favourite one.
                      Megaman games seem to not want to move on. The respawning enemies problem is one major irritation. Have they allowed him to duck yet? Instant death on spikes is a relic too. It's a shame really, there's scope for some really gorgeous spritework and transparencies and the like, but the most recent one I saw still looks oh-so-basic.
                      The GBA/DS ones were crap. It's a run and gun, not an RPG with collectable crap.
                      There are far better ways to improve the longevity of a game than to bust out the collectable cards and bots non-event.
                      Capcom could make an effort but, as long as they continue to sell in Japan, they'll just continue to iterate.
                      Rockman - The Final Fantasy of Run'n'guns.
                      Going now, I hear an angry stampede

Comment

You can duck in some of the later ones. The new ds platformers i think you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                          You can duck in some of the later ones. The new ds platformers i think you can.
                          Ducking appeared first in Mega Man X4.

Comment

I loved Megaman 3 on the NES. I was very young though,so probably completed a lot of dross!

Comment

Originally posted by elkatas View Post
                              Ducking appeared first in Mega Man X4.
                              I had X4 on the pc. But it was so long ago i totally forgot.

Comment

Working...
                              X