Wii - What games should I be buying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wii - What games should I be buying

Well, I just nabbed a PAL Wii off of Peev, so now I'm wondering what to buy/download.

There' a back catalogue of SNES and N64 games I want to grab but I haven't really got much of a clue when it comes to Wii games. The lightgun games have already caught my attention, as has Super mario galaxy, Mario Kart and WiiFit (yeah right, can't get it anywhere) - but what unknown gems are there?

Oh yeah, and for the emulated games, what sort of SD card size should I be looking at?

Cheers folks.

Eledees (AKA Elebits in NTSC land). You can get it for buttons, and it's great, great, great.

Comment

Resident Evil 4
      Kororinpa
      Zelda: TP
      Super Paper Mario

I havent played but are on my list:
      Zack and Wiki
      Boom Blox

Comment

Another mention for Super Paper Mario...when that games in full-swing it's pretty much perfection for me.

Geometry Wars is ace and very cheap to boot.

As for unknown gems, I'd say Mercury Meltdown is the biggest, most delicious gem. That's probably quite cheap too.

Comment

the light gun games are ace, Galaxy & Kart are awesome, Paper Mario I found a bit 'so what'

for me the unexpected gem is Boom Blox.

Comment

Battalion Wars II
            Boom Blox
            Eledees*
            Endless Ocean*
            Excite Truck*
            Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
            Geometry Wars: Galaxies*
            Ghost Squad*
            Godfather: Black Hand Edition*
            House of the Dead: Returns*
            Mercury Meltdown Revolution*
            Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
            No More Heroes*
            Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
            Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles*
            Super Mario Galaxy
            Trauma Center: Second Opinion
            Zach & Wiki

I would say that those would be most essential currently. Those with asterisks have dropped in price, or are budget priced.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
              the light gun games are ace
              Yup, they are pretty ace. IGN claims that one of the big publishers is going to announce new lightgun shooter for Wii pretty soon.

Comment

Cheers folks,

Any of the game above likely to get the missus interested?

As for downloading games, which controller would you consider best? The orginal GC one or the classic controller?

Cheers,
                Gary

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
                  As for downloading games, which controller would you consider best? The orginal GC one or the classic controller?
                  Gamecube controller for N64 games, Classic Controller for everything else. You can't map buttons yourself, and Gamecube's layout is really cumbersome in SNES games.

Comment

also the wavebird controller works perfectly for those who wish to avoid wires (apart from the x360 rockband cables messing your room up).

Comment

Excite truck, Eledees, Umbrella Chronicles and Mario Galaxy.

Plus if you like American Footy Madden 08 is superb especially with like minded friends.

Did I mention Eledees? Eledees.

Comment

Metroid Prime 3 and Ghost Squad are my favourite titles on the system and Super Mario Galaxy is good fun too.

Comment

In my opinion there's a small selection but:

Super Mario Galaxy
                          Zelda: TP
                          No More Hero's
                          Resident Evil 4
                          Metroid Prime 3
                          Boom Blox.
                          Ghost Squad

are some of the best ones you can get. Also consider Lost Winds on WiiWare; looks damn fun to me, and i'm hoping to get my online connection sorted soon so I can download it aswell.

Edit: I'm also wondering about this, as i'm soon to start downloading:

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
                          Oh yeah, and for the emulated games, what sort of SD card size should I be looking at?
                          Last edited by Malc; 27-05-2008, 13:50.

Comment

If you get Super Paper Mario, prepare to be bored to tears my man.

Get Paper Mario 2 - Thousand Year Door on the Gamecube and save yourself 20quid.

Comment

not really bought may Wii of late but i am looking forward to playing mario kart and Galaxy and also Boom Blox and maybe aload of the party game ones

Comment

Working...
                              X