Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has everyone been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got married on Rune Factory 2, went all retro playing Super Mario Land and Axelay and got in 3 or 4 hours on Phantasy Star Online 1&2plus on the GC. Ah, I remember the days...

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
      Is this double xp weekend gone or coming, and is it/was it on 360 or ps3?
      I'm playing on PS3 but the weekend is over now, ran Sat-Mon

Comment

Not played anything this week until tonight where I'm planning on some Obilivion and Assasins Creed action.

Comment

got my PStwo set up in my cabin and i've been playing Black

Comment

Luigi's Mansion and Psi Ops. Playing through LM for the first time and I've gone back to Psi Ops having abandoned it ages ago after getting stuck on the boss on the 6th level. I'm still stuck, annoyingly

Comment

Ho Ho! Have beaten the wife's 2 year high score on Zookeeper DS. 4.5 million is the tops now.

Nealy finished HL2 as well. Dog has just got carried off on an airship and I'm seeing how the city has changed so much.

Comment

Originally posted by topper View Post
                Do you reckon there's a strategy to Zookeeper, or do you just randomly scan the grid for anything suitable, like me?

This week I have mostly been playing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Mario Golf Advance Tour, and Another Code (completed).
                There is a strategy in Tokoton mode.

You keep the numbers of your captures all at equal levels so when you find yourself in a tough spot you "finish" 100 captures on one animal to give you a time bonus and respite from the clock.

If you can always keep one at say 97-98 then you can artifically extend the length of your game. Remember the bunnies are only every other stage and try to capture animals you have low numbers on when you have a lot of spare time.

Also, much like puzzle quest, if you can chain them you get massive scores. The best thing about ZK is that when you start chaining you can slide more tiles so it counts as extra chains. I have got scores of 6m plus like this.

Randomness = no win in Zoo Keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by djjimbob View Post
                  Ho Ho! Have beaten the wife's 2 year high score on Zookeeper DS. 4.5 million is the tops now.
                  It's so annoying that I can't reset the high scores on my second-hand cartridge. Chris was a hell of a player!

I actually phoned Ignition to see if they could help out, and they /claimed/ that they would try to find me a new cartridge, but no promises (understandably). Not sure if they were just saying that to fob me off.

Comment

Also - Topper - you get more points for playing in hard.

Comment

Finished Blacksite on Orange difficulty. I've got no intention at the moment of adding to the 195 points I've accrued so far. There's far too many MP points to get (unless anyone's up for a quick whore?) and the single player was pretty bland. I'm sure one achievement is 400 kills with each weapon. Stuff that. Even the 10 kills with a pistol headshot one is a total mission that I can barely be bothered to think about doing.

Played DoA4 last night and reached that electric woman thing in the time trials. 15 attempts later and I wanted to boot a nearby cat.

A totally awful last few days of gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                        Also - Topper - you get more points for playing in hard.
                        ...and SuperHard.

Comment

Been playing Vice City Stories on PS2, the first time I've had a proper chance to play it since it came out last year. Can't wait to unlock the bottom part of the island because I'm missing that lovely beach terribly.

Comment

PS3
                            MGS4 just finished last night
                            VT3 ready for wimbledon
                            UTIII trying to get custom content to work (no luck yet)

PSP
                            Initial D street stage

PC
                            Crysis
                            Stranglehold

Comment

I've been playing Metal Gear Solid on the Gameboy Color. Can't see what's going on.

Comment

^ started playing that on my DS via an emu called Lameboy, works 100% and looks fab. But I need to get MGS 4 out the way before I go back to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X