Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do GAME/Gamestop still take PS2 games as trade-in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do GAME/Gamestop still take PS2 games as trade-in?

Got a load of PS2 stuff I can't seem to sell and would rather trade it into game or gamestop rather than bin it. Anyone know if they still accept PS2 games?

Game sure do.

Why not try CEX you can get prices on the website www.cex.co.uk

Comment

they will most likely take them, but the trade-in prices will probably be extremely low. It doesn't seem like it'd be worth it. You'd be better ebaying them (or amazon market place/playtrade etc) if you don't have the time/energy to do them all seperately you could do them in bundles/packages.

Comment

Gamestation take trade in on old games for sure but mostly you will get a crappy amount for them. I've done ok on Playtrade selling older Ps2/Xbox/GC games though and would recommend trying there although i guess it depends on the games, admittedly i've had a few that dont seem to sell but some have gone surprisingly fast and for good prices too (Fire Emblem GC ?35, Morrowind GOTY Xbox ?28, KOTOR 2 Xbox ?20, Disgaea 2 ?27) its worth a shot if your not in a rush to shift them anyway.

Comment

^Might be worth checking out Blockbuster, too. I got a stupid trade on PS2 Beverly Hills Cop (proper ****e) not too long back, maybe 6-9 months ago. Like, £11-£14 or summat. And they'd actually sold me it for £1.99 preowned four weeks beforehand(!)

Totally fuqqin' hatstand.

They had Crisis Zone in for a quid for ages, and now they're treating all their PS1 titles like they're eBay rarities, £2.99 for Buggy, £7.99 for Star Wars: Dark Forces and whatnot.

I mean, they're doing Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga at prez for 4 for £10, and that game often goes for much more respectable sums on eBay.

Anyway, don't forget Blockbuster for trade-ins, cos you might get £127 for that "Intellivision Lives" you saw for £1.99 in their pre-owned section.

(Apols, JazzFunk has been drinking so his posts are affected by this, but they are right and true.)

Comment

Working...
          X