Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GTAIV: Anybody invented their own games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTAIV: Anybody invented their own games?

So...

Most of us has had GTAIV for a while now and had a dabble on mulitplayer.

Obviously there's loads of different options (I hope there's more co-op in the download content) but sometimes, it's more fun just to make your own challenges up.

Some of my friends play:
    ice cream van races
    Defend the Majestic hotel lobby
    Synchronised stunts
    How many vehicles can you get into a building

And so on.

This all stemmed from playing Call of Duty 2 on the farm level where one person defends the grain silo and the others try to "Take the Tower". Hide 'n' seek was another one guaranteed to funny.

So... what other GTAIV games have you invented in multiplayer to try out?!

My friends and I get each get ourselves tooled up with as many massive weapons we can (rocket launchers, assault rifles, sniper rifles etc) and get the highest wanted level we can without getting killed/arrested, and retreat to Happiness Island to try to see how long we can hold it against the constant stream of police helicopters and swimming SWAT guys that may have survived helicopter crashes.

It's pretty good when three bring down three police helicopters at the same moment.

Comment

Looks pretty interesting, maybe be able to make a game to see who can go the further.

Comment

Those videos look funny I wanna try that. Not sure where that climbing frame is though. Usually me n some people are online we would try to see how high we could get the wanted level before dying also, great fun as above. better with mates I imagine.

Comment

On topic but different game, anyway this reminded me of back in the day, my friend and I invented a game for Goldeneye multiplayer on the N64, basically you turned on License to Kill Mode (1 hit kill) then disabled the radar, and played the archives map or the pyramid, it had to be dark or confusing.

Anyway.... the game was this, one player was Zukovsky (Coltrane) which we named "Grandad", his job was to run around the level and slap (literally the unarmed attack) "Grandson" who was Boris (Cumming) , Grandson was only armed with the colt pistol and due to its slow shooting ability and Grandads incredible strafing skills the games were never uneven, also a true Grandad player master could sneak around and ambush Grandson etc.
          We also penned our own Grandad theme song, if anyone has the Goldeneye N64 soundtrack, play "Graeme Norgate - Frigate 'La Fayette'" and basically you just say Grannnndaddddd to the up and down of the music, works great...also players who embraced the game could often be heard using the theme as their warcry while playing as Grandad....

.....anyway moving on

Comment

Ha ha ha, I'm glad I triggered that memory for you, Largo!

"Take the Tower" in CoD2 was excellent fun.

I had a go on that climbing frame in GTAIV last night and it really is glitched! I couldn't get it to work by just hanging from it - I just dropped off and lost energy.

However, the car worked a treat!

I played a game for aaages with some mates just seeing how far I could go - the best was over 4 blocks! I ended up on the railway tracks a few times and I was that close to getting on top of the nearby tower block. Great fun.

I ended up in a multiplayer later on with randoms who didn't seem to get that I wasn't interested in shooting or being shot and wouldn't leave me alone. Most didn't see my magic car just disappear.

My brother-in-law was in the car for me though and he knows one of the testers (he supplies him with Pisswasser) and he's going to see if he's heard about this glitch.

Any other alternative games for me to try?

Comment

I have a similar goldeneye minigame, we used to find it absolutely hilarius to race around the levels crouching, because there were no walking animations for the characters when they crouch and move, so it looked kind of like you were some kind of wheeled robot or something.

hysterical at the time anyway, we called it goldenKart64

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
                Those videos look funny I wanna try that. Not sure where that climbing frame is though. Usually me n some people are online we would try to see how high we could get the wanted level before dying also, great fun as above. better with mates I imagine.
                http://snapmap.wikigta.org/index.php...e=&set=633,410

Comment

Originally posted by Largo View Post
                  On topic but different game, anyway this reminded me of back in the day, my friend and I invented a game for Goldeneye multiplayer on the N64, basically you turned on License to Kill Mode (1 hit kill) then disabled the radar, and played the archives map or the pyramid, it had to be dark or confusing.

Anyway.... the game was this, one player was Zukovsky (Coltrane) which we named "Grandad", his job was to run around the level and slap (literally the unarmed attack) "Grandson" who was Boris (Cumming) , Grandson was only armed with the colt pistol and due to its slow shooting ability and Grandads incredible strafing skills the games were never uneven, also a true Grandad player master could sneak around and ambush Grandson etc.
                  We also penned our own Grandad theme song, if anyone has the Goldeneye N64 soundtrack, play "Graeme Norgate - Frigate 'La Fayette'" and basically you just say Grannnndaddddd to the up and down of the music, works great...also players who embraced the game could often be heard using the theme as their warcry while playing as Grandad....

.....anyway moving on

The funniest thing I have read all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Largo View Post

.....anyway moving on

I'm gonna go an find the sony now so I can have a singalong

EDIT

There music is in this bizarrely unrelated wrestling video
                    Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

GRANNNNNNNDAAAAD
                    GRANNNNNNNDAAAAD
                    Last edited by EvilBoris; 05-06-2008, 17:08.

Comment

Working...
                    X