No announcement yet.

Why one game a week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music doesn't move like games do though. New releases generally appeal only to fans of the band or artist whereas with games there's a massive hype in the press and online and people get all whipped up and buy things they might not normally have touched.

Comment

Where's the massive hype for old VC games?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        So, yeah, it makes little to no sense to trickle the VC releases. It's not like a hyped release of GTAIV or whatever.
        Really? Just look at NeoGaf's VC-thread. When something classic comes, they hype it to the hell and back. This is so effective that for a while, Gunstar Heroes and Dragon's Trap (of all possible titles) were most bought titles by NeoGaf users. Hype like that is very important because even for digital re-releases, majority of sales are made during the first week.
        Last edited by elkatas; 04-06-2008, 11:20.

Comment

Best to avoid that thread today though, with its quite depressing "VC is winding down, Earthbound probably never coming out" rumours.

But yeah, the only hype coming to VC titles is through word of mouth (I would never have bought the brilliant DoReMi without it) because Nintendo seem averse to it. They're specifically banning press releases announcing games from being revealed until the shop updates, removing any chance of hype. They don't want it, they want impulse purchases from people who don't know better. The amount of games on the service won't affect that.

Comment

They've already released many games that are regarded as among the best of all time (admittedly in amongst a slew of pap). I don't think they're dragging their heels particularly. On the contrary I think they may have shot their bolt too soon...

Comment

VC games are a bit like buses, none turn up then you get 5 VC games in a row!

Comment

Yeah, but all ****e ~(apart from Alex Kidd.. maybe)

Comment

oooh the last ninja.. (however, i suspects it not as good as i remember it ) but still prob better than the 360 Alone in the Dark

Comment

Working...
                  X