best port of 3rd strike and mvc2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best port of 3rd strike and mvc2?

which console had the best ports of these games? played 3rd strike in the arcades and i love it so much need to get it going at home.

I'm personally quite partial to the PS2 versions.

Cant really comment on the Dreamcast versions as I didnt have MvC2 but the 3rd strike port was pretty darn good too.

Have played the PS2 versions far more than I did the DC one.
    Though that may be down to the fact that I have a Hori stick for the PS2 & that really helps make the the game that much more enjoyable.

I guess it's personal preference at the end of the day though.

Neil

Comment

The DC port of 3S is definitely the 'worst' to the purists, PS2 and XBOX are closer to the arcade version, but all of them are pretty close if you just want to play.

Comment

think i might go for the ps2 version then well u guess it depends if i can find either 1st knowing me ill take the 1st copy i find would prefer it on the ps2 tho as my mates got a hori stick so i can play it round his.

what are people opinons on all the snk anthologys that where released over on a neogeo forum they all say how bad they are but as they are so die hard i find it hard to belive they are so bad and wouldent mind having a blast at them no way am buying a neogeo and dont really want to mame although my mate has a mamebox in a shuttle pc with an arcadevga card and its AWSOME but my pc cant run mame for beans.

Comment

I'm also interested to know which of the Marvel vs Capcom 2 ports was the best by those in the know. Such a fab fun game. shame it can't be emulated. Did the arcade version suffer from the same crazy jazz as the home version?

Comment

mvc2 is best on the dreamcast, the arcade board is the same/similar hardware to the dc.

Comment

Originally posted by angelx View Post
              I'm also interested to know which of the Marvel vs Capcom 2 ports was the best by those in the know. Such a fab fun game. shame it can't be emulated. Did the arcade version suffer from the same crazy jazz as the home version?
              seconded I think this the DC version is the best version. What was wrong with the Jazz tunes ahy? MvC2 is my favorite funkiest 2D vs fighting game - some cool lines in this too "I wanna take you for a ride" not forgetting the continue countdown "Don't give up.."

Comment

I wouldn't say it matters for Third Strike. Just choose based on your preferred console, whatever is cheapest, or the box art you like most.

For MvC2 I think Dreamcast. It's the only way for Naomi ports.

Comment

The ps2 mvc2 is exellent, ive played both and dont notice any difference, then again im a just a button basher (and not ashamed)\o/

Comment

The PS2 MVC2 is the best providing you have a PS2 BB Unit.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

ah thats the only online version? I did find the Xbox version but found that wasn't on live, such a crime!

Comment

yes, and zero load times too
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

MvC2 -DC
                          3rd strike -Ps2

Comment

think i mentioned it before but on my tv i always thought the games looked better on the dc

thought on the ps2 they looked more pixelly

Comment

Best port of MvC2 afaik is the original Dreamcast version. Not too sure about the PS2 but I know that players of MvC2 over at the SRK forums detest the xbox version for a number of fixes and bugs which made it play different for the arcades.

Can't really talk about that game as I never really played it much. My team was mainly comprised of players that shot great big ruddy fireballs, and that was it.

As for 3rd Strike, there was a time when the Dreamcast version was your only access to it, but forget that now. Tournaments in the UK and elsewhere around Europe are run using the PS2 version, as players find the speed and timing of it much closer to the arcade version. These are people who practically BREATHE 3rd Strike everyday and can tell the difference, for the casual and someone who doesn't get a chance to play the arcade version it's not such a big deal.

The Xbox version is said to have it's timing and speed a bit off compared to the PS2 version, but again, you won't notice it if you are not an arcade addict. I had the Xbox version and RINSED that game proper, and it was the only way I could have gotten into the game because of the Live play. Sure it can be laggy, but having some competition to improve is better then none!

Must have played over 15000 matches on that bad boy in 2 years. Even after all that, I was still rubbish against top arcade playing heads. It was a good tool to use in learning characters, match ups and stuff online, and then adjusting and learning new things by playing offline.

Not sure if 3rd Strike did ever get a release in the UK on PS2 though. Can be bought pretty cheap from Playasia from Capcom's CapKore range. Xbox version could be found for pretty cheap in and around gamestations. Check Amazon too.

Also the added bonus on getting it for the PS2 is the whole range of quality sticks you can easily get for it. If you buy it for the xbox, you have to get a Magic Box.

You can run SF3 off the 360 too, but that has a number of slowdown and lag issues online with certain characters if they jump. So if you must play it, play it on the old xbox. No gaurantee if the other player playing it is on a 360 which can mess online games up regardless. shame.
                              Last edited by jassi singh; 04-06-2008, 22:53.

Comment

Working...
                              X