the underappreciated games thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the underappreciated games thread

thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where we can mention games that never got the appreciation they deserve..(well apart from her Lol)

First one i would vote for Demon chaos (ikusagami in japan) awesome game turns of bad guys to destroy....had a pal conversion to

sword of etheria (Over zenith in japan) i really enjoyed the combat system in this i found it great fun also had a pal conversion

any more ?

Zelda: Majora's Mask

Harvest moon (Snes original)

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
      First one i would vote for Demon chaos (ikusagami in japan) awesome game turns of bad guys to destroy....had a pal conversion to
      QFT. I played an Asian version of this on the ps2 harddrive but the sound was corrupt and I never got past about the 5th level, because I really couldn't work out what to do. I'm keeping an eye on the PAL version to get it when it becomes a little cheaper.

I loved the vaselined graphics and the sheer energy of the onscreen action. In those early levels using that special move was superb, you could take out hundreds of enemies at once. Quite therapeutic to play in places!

Comment

I liked Project Snowblind on the Xbox, enjoyed it more than Halo.

Destrega on the PlayStation was another game I really enjoyed.

Comment

Cosmic Spacehead Cosmic Spacehead Cosmic Spacehead Cosmic Spacehead

Oh, and Sentient

Comment

I thought that Cold Winter on the PS2 never got the recognition it deserved. I remember it as a swearier, PS2 GoldenEye clone. I thought it was bloody good fun!

Folklore on PS3. Gorgeous to look at, great fun to play and any game the wife likes that isn't a turn based JRPG must do something right.

Comment

Shenmue, Jet Set Radio.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                Cosmic Spacehead Cosmic Spacehead Cosmic Spacehead Cosmic Spacehead

Oh, and Sentient
                Sentient was cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
                  Jet Set Radio.
                  Seconded!

That, and PSYCHONAUTS. That game is criminally under-appreciated.

Comment

Rise From Lair. Got bad press due to it's initial bad control scheme, but updated to analog it rocks.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Zombies Revenge, my favorite Dreamcast game, which given the quality software catalogue on the DC is really saying something.

Comment

Excitetruck. Didn't get much love in the press, but amazing fun. Reminded me on a cross between f-zero and burnout with added 'tricks' to be done while in the air.

Comment

More Longest Journey Lovin'!

Longest Journey and Dreamfall!

Comment

Soul Reaver! A superb game ignored bar a few tenacious advocates.

It's just not fair!

Comment

oh the original legacy of kain....had quite a few problems but i was so engrossed with the
                              story

Comment

Working...
                              X