Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Mario RPG On Its Way To Europe

Super Mario RPG On Its Way To Europe

Well Australia more precisely, but its all the same thing as far as PAL land VC releases go it seems.

Amazing scenes!

Weyhey - FINALLY!

Comment

Yes!

Comment

woo!!!! heh, so far, only vc games i own other than paper mario are ones that werent released in australia, this will be another one to add to the list

Comment

So if Super Mario RPG can make it over here then maybe.........no I won't say it, it could ruin everything!

Comment

I was never a fan of this really as I just couldn't get into it for some reason. I know I'll end up buying it though.

Comment

Brilliant game imo, glad its going to get a UK release. It may well overtake River City Ransom as my favorite VC game.

Comment

Apparently this is out NOW!

<blinks>

Woah.

Comment

Just to confirm..its up. (900 points)

Just about to finish Wild arms...should be starting this at the weekend with a few ales. Happy times

Comment

Well they got there in the end. If it wasn't for VC I reckon it would've ended up on the DS along with all the FF remakes.
                    I imported one boxed copy and several loose copies a couple of years ago, as only one of them would run on my PAL SNES using a converter. Sold the rest on eBay, but then ended up with an NTSC SNES anyway!

Comment

Yeah Third Hanabi Festival according to the Wii Shop Channel.

Also, Super Mario Bros. 2 (The Lost Levels) is back up and is no longer a limited edition item.

Comment

I'm tempted to download this... There isn't much 'grinding' required is there? I normally avoid J-RPGs because I can't stand the whole leveling up thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Grapple Convoy View Post
                          I'm tempted to download this... There isn't much 'grinding' required is there? I normally avoid J-RPGs because I can't stand the whole leveling up thing.
                          The game is easier if you grind but its not really imperative that you do.

One of my favorite things about Super Mario RPG ihat you can run past most of the enemeies, but if you kill them they respawn virtualy stright away, meaning you can grind or run through the game as liberaly as you like.

Comment

Am i the only person in the world that finds this game average and flawed? Six stars in and i'm just not feeling the magic from older Snes Square and Nintendo games. The humour is spot on but besides that everything else seems meh. Your literally handed the first few stars within the first few hours. During battles mobs only ever seem to go for the same character. AI is bad, with cures always being randomly cast on anyone. FP moves seem pointlessly underpowered and a normal attack can easily do twice the damage. You can hold next to no gear and items (maybe i missed it but can you store them like in Paper Mario?). It's by no means a bad game, i just feel alittle underwhelmed.
                            Last edited by Rep; 26-08-2008, 22:10.

Comment

Played it for a bit and it's interesting as a history piece, as I'm very happy that it's on the PAL VC service (we'll get Earthbound before long!) but, yeah.... It's weak in many departments. The Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario series which Super Mario RPG paved the way for are more amusing and more interesting games.

Still, I'd rather play SMRPG than a Final Fantasy game any day of millennium.

Comment

Working...
                              X