Band Names = Video Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Band Names = Video Games

Walking past my local music venue this morning i noticed a band called "Rival Schools" are due to play. This got me thinking, are there any other bands out there that may have taken their names from video games?

I know there is a band called "Crystal Castles" knocking around too. Inspired by the adventures of Bentley Bear?

Also, going back to the eighties, i remember a game called "Fernandez Must Die". Great name for a game and also a great name for a band (according to my sisters boyfiend at the time).

So what other games would also make a great band name?

Comment

Rival Schools definitely took the name from the game, as their album is called United by Fate.

/trivia

Comment

lostprophets are big gamers, and their flagship song is shinobi vs dragon ninja

Comment

Judging by the 8-bit element of the music of Crystal Castles I'd say there's a good chance it's computer game influenced.

Comment

There is a band called 'The Ataris'
            and Hondo Mclean have a song called Mortal Kombat

*EDIT* I'm sure there is a band as well called 'End Of Level Boss'
            Last edited by Skull Commander; 16-06-2008, 15:34.

Comment

There's a metal band called Dragonforce whose name comes from the Dragon Quest games.

There are certainly plenty of songs out there with video games referenced in the lyrics.
              Last edited by MartyG; 16-06-2008, 15:41.

Comment

Not strictly videogame related but a lot of Nerdcore hip hop artists take their name from computery stuff - MC Plus Plus, MC Router, Dualcore etc.

Comment

Check out "Protoculture" by the rapper Del The Funky Homosapien. The whole song is basically about gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddie View Post
                    Judging by the 8-bit element of the music of Crystal Castles I'd say there's a good chance it's computer game influenced.
                    Even more influenced than you'd think -- they were revealed a while ago (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal...nd)#Plagiarism) to be ripping off chiptunes by several artists from the 8-bit music scene (without, of course, giving them any credit). I guess a more fitting name for them would be Limbo of the Band.

Back to the topic, and not counting bands from the VGMusic scene (Power Glove, Select Start and the likes), I think Atari Teenage Riot has one of the most awesome names ever.

Comment

There's a band called Biohazard, which is the reason the games are called Resident Evil the West - the band already had the name trademarked.

Originally posted by Wild Cat
                      Limbo of the Band.
                      Ho ho!

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                        There's a metal band called Dragonforce whose name comes from the Dragon Quest games.
                        I always though it came from Dragon Force on the Saturn.

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
                          There's a band called Biohazard, which is the reason the games are called Resident Evil the West - the band already had the name trademarked.

Ho ho!
                          yep, damn bastards! Biohazard sounds cooler!

Comment

Someone needs to be called The DARPA chiefs.

Comment

There's a band called NESkimos who do some pretty fun covers of NES songs, particularly Megaman songs

Comment

Working...
                              X