Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outrun Coast2Coast PC version - worth buying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outrun Coast2Coast PC version - worth buying?

Just bought a new pc and fancied picking up a copy of this (my old one wasn't up to the job).

Reading the 1st play thread there were some issues with the pc version that are putting me off a bit (music drop-outs, poor controls when using a pad / wheel etc.) and there was also some talk of a possible patch.....maybe more in hope than anything else though!

Anyone got the pc version and would you recommend it? Did a patch ever surface?

Thanks

Edit: should maybe add that I'd probably be using a 360 racing wheel or wireless pad in case anyone has a similar set up.
    Last edited by tom-nook; 22-06-2008, 19:34.

Yep, i've got it and I think it's pretty damn good.

The HUD assets seem pretty poor in high resolutions but apart from that, the game itself is smooth as you like and plays like a dream. If you're going to be using an Xbox 360 pad though, make sure you pick up the XBCD drivers first.

Comment

60 fps locked at pretty much any res its the best home version

Comment

Thanks guys. That's good to hear!

Was just a bit wary that by opting for the best looking version I may be missing out on better gameplay had I gone for one of the console versions instead.

Silvergun X - my MS wireless pc gaming adapter came bundled with a drivers disc. Are those the drivers you mean or do I need to d/l them from somewhere else?

Thanks again.
        Last edited by tom-nook; 22-06-2008, 22:53.

Comment

Yes. Most definetly. Looks absolutly stunning in hi-res and from my experience with it i haven't suffered in bugs. Probably one of the best console ports for a pc out there.

If you mean the wireless adaptor for the 360 controller. You might not need anything extra, but if your having trouble. You can download the latest from here http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/do...ategory=Gaming

Comment

Well the reason I mentioned XBCD drivers is because if you use the standard Xbox 360 controller drivers for windows, you'll find that the controller has no deadzone at all. Nothing. So the tiniest little twitches of the analog stick and even any wiggle while it's in a neutral position will get picked up and it makes analog control very twitchy and sensitive.

XBCD drivers are third party 360 controller drivers which come with a configuration utility so you can set what you want the deadzone on the analog sticks to be.

Comment

Thanks again guys!

I've picked up the XBCD drivers so will try them out when the new pc arrives. I've attached a link just in case anybody else is interested:

Comment

Looks like I'll need to pick up a wired pad...........the XBCD drivers don't support the 360 wireless pad at the moment

Comment

I used the 360 wired and did not use any drivers it worked first time

Comment

Thanks Mike. Should receive my copy tomorrow so will give it a go.

As a plan B I have a PS2 pad w/ a usb adapter (& some configuration software) so will try that too.

Comment

The PS2/3 Driving Force Pro is great with the PC version of C2C (and Crazy Taxi 3).

The JPN PS2 release of C2C retains more features from the arcade version of OR2SP and contains fewer bugs at the cost of no online mode, if you were after the 'best' home version.

Obviously a PC running C2C at higher resolutions may look nicer depending on your tastes.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
                        I used the 360 wired and did not use any drivers it worked first time
                        Aye 360 wired pad has the drivers on the pad I believe. Makes it a simple plug an play affair.

Might have to give Outrun 2006 C2C a spin on my laptop actually. a 2gig Dual Core with 4gb RAM and Geforce 8200 (I think?) shouldn't have any problem running it should it? Runs Need for Speed Underground on max settings at 60+fps rock solid.

I'd love a High Def Outrun 2 with solid frame rate, gutted the 360 emulation is a bit hit and miss on performance.

Comment

Outrun is (or was when i last played it) locked dead at 60fps at 1920x1200 for me maybe some .ini messing could remove the lock

Comment

Working...
                          X