Wanted: birthday present ideas. For a child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted: birthday present ideas. For a child

OK. Small female child, plays games in healthy moderation, wants a game as a birthday present. Owns a DS Lite and Wii.

I don't want to fob her off with some licensed rubbish that'll be played once and forgotten about, like the Bratz game a relative got her for Christmas. A genuinely decent game will keep her playing for months or years. Games that have lasted include Animal Crossing, Wii Sports, 42 Classics, Nintendogs. Taito Legends 1 and 2 even(!). So let's have a few suggestions people. Something with multiplayer would be cool too but not essential.

Mario Galaxy?

Comment

cooking mama. I'm a 22 year old male and even I'm hooked.

Getting her a gamecube pad and a copy of wind waker wouldn't be a bad idea either!

warioware games would go down well. I can't see her turning her nose up any of the old sonic or mario games on the virtual console as well

Comment

Boom Blox

Comment

yeah, another vote for boom blox!

Comment

How old is she? My eldest is six - she doesn't game a great deal but she does like MySims on the DS. Might be worth a shot.

My only complaint is that the beginning of the game is a little text heavy.

Comment

make that 3 votes for Boom Blox

Comment

Another vote for Boom Blox.

Comment

How about some decent licensed stuff? I was thinking of LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga. I played the original and Original Saga, and they were both awesome! There is LEGO Indy, but I hear it's not so hot.

Comment

My daughter, 8, loves

- Ratatouille
                    - Thrillville
                    - My Sims
                    - Mario Galaxy

Comment

Eledees

Comment

My 8 year olds favourites on the Wii are Lego Star Wars/Indy, My Sims and The Dog Island.

Comment

uhm, what the hell?, ahh spambot

Comment

My god-daughter loves Cooking Mama

but Boom blox does look great

Comment

My daughter (8 yr old) loves My Sims on the DS (Wii version supposed to be better), Warioware Touched!,Harvest Moon and Lego Star Wars.

The only thing I'd say against LSW is that it can cause a bit of 'friction' when her younger brother doesn't do what he is supposed to (one heads off left whilst the other goes right etc.)

Comment

Working...
                              X