SBK08 Superbike world championship 5
    Beijing 2008 5
    Don king presenrs prizefighter 4
    Tv show king 5

Region Specific: North East uk

Time extend: Einhander
    Making of: Earthworm Jim

Taken from rllmukforum
    Last edited by dvdmike; 26-06-2008, 21:21.

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
    Alone in the dark 7

Bourne Conspiracy 4
    These are very interesting. From what I've read/heard these are far closer in quality than these scores would suggest.

Whatever, it's irrelevant, because I've already nabbed Bourne from a forum review-o-holic after playing the demo, and Alone in the Dark was always going to be a cheapy buy.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
      Ferrari Challenge 7
      Which version was that matey?

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
        These are very interesting. From what I've read/heard these are far closer in quality than these scores would suggest.

Whatever, it's irrelevant, because I've already nabbed Bourne from a forum review-o-holic after playing the demo, and Alone in the Dark was always going to be a cheapy buy.
        From the reviews of AitD I've already seen, and watching a housemate play through the Bourne demo, their scores seem fairly plausible to me. The Bourne demo was definitely teetering on the edge of godawful and the driving section had clearly fallen down there long, long ago.

Comment

I guess some people really don't get on with the Bourne game mechanics. I really liked the various aspects for a lot of reasons, but I can see how they'd infuriate and disgust a lot of people. The driving section played quite poorly but it had a charm to it, like Super Runabout on the DC, that made me enjoy it for some reason.
          From what I've read, though, the controls and poor design choices of AITD irritate people too, so it's hardly head and shoulders in that respect.

Comment

Thing with AITD is that there is a proper good AAA game lurking just beneath the surface of those control issues, I'm interested to read what they said in the review.

Comment

Bourne? It wasn't the mechanics in the demo for me; I wasn't the one playing it. It was the substandard-to-awful graphics, the horrible level design, the trial-and-error pacing, the stupid use of QTEs, the half-assed pilfering of gunplay features Stranglehold did much better... and, yes, the fact it had a Let's Play Secret Agent Bumpercars driving section that looked like some horrendous shareware game from five years ago.

I mean, some of the ideas showed a surprising level of promise - if the game had a decent graphics engine and some proper animators it could have been significantly improved right there. Good sound design couldn't hide the way all the moves seemed as if they'd under-cranked the camera by about five times, so to speak. But every half-decent thing they'd thought of seemed to be undermined by amateurish design issues and a general level of polish ranging from average to non-existent. On the strength of the demo I honestly don't see how anyone can really like anything about it - at ten, fifteen pounds bargain bin prices, it might be a laugh. At full price, any more of what I saw would be a joke.

Comment

Shame Superbike 08 only gets a 5 - looking forward to it, same with this years Olympics game. Looks like a good issue (content wise) all in all.

As MikeRox said, was it the PS3/Wii/DS version of Ferrari Challenge they reviewed ?

Comment

What did they say about Ferrari Challenge?

Get bent edge regarding AITD 7 score, its this years Assasins Creed but 10x worse you got the scores for Bourne and AITD wrong, flip it and you would be right as know bloody way is AITD a 7 and Bourne a 4 (only crap thing about Bourne is the tiny car bit).

Comment

Yeah would like to know what format Ferrari Challenge they reviewed, also Ninja Gaiden 360 or DS as you don't state whether it's 2 or Dragon Sword.

Comment

Sorry guys got the scores from rllmukforum forgot to source it, I think its the ps3 version but dont quote me on that

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                        Shame Superbike 08 only gets a 5 - looking forward to it, same with this years Olympics game. Looks like a good issue (content wise) all in all
                        Indeed, though Jester have a TT Superbikes game due out next week. PS2 like, but 60fps etc. so there is hope for a decent bike racer this year yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Eight Rooks View Post
                          Bourne? It wasn't the mechanics in the demo for me; I wasn't the one playing it. It was the substandard-to-awful graphics, the horrible level design, the trial-and-error pacing, the stupid use of QTEs, the half-assed pilfering of gunplay features Stranglehold did much better... and, yes, the fact it had a Let's Play Secret Agent Bumpercars driving section that looked like some horrendous shareware game from five years ago.
                          The action was so kinetic I didn't really notice the graphics. It's fair to say that someone watching a game being played notices more about the visuals than the player in such a fast-paced game.
                          I found the level design reasonable. Everything was well signposted and there was a decent level of interactivity, especially with the Punisher-style whuppings.
                          QTEs were fine in my book. Somewhere between Resi 4 and Jericho in their implementation.
                          The pacing was decent. A lot of action games have the trial and error factor as far as events go. Look at Resi 4 and that lousy bit with the boulder, a QTE event that totally caught me out and made me die first go. Loads of games have the stop-go-stop mechanic.

I'm just treating the game as how I see it, how I'll perceive it - a cheapo average game which will be, for me, a nice distraction. It's not a mega-budget ultra-hyped AAA title I've forked out 40 quid on, so there's no point in me savaging it. I can either try to enjoy it for what it is (in my eyes), or I can gripe about what it's not and demonise it as the epitome of all poor things about modern games. The former, I think.

Comment

I thought this month was said to be the Black 2 issue ? Did Edge get scooped again ?

Comment

To give the unfinshed bug ridden mess that is AITD V an 7 is just laughable , bullsh8t of the the highest order I'm enjoying parts of the game , but its an 4 or 5 at best.

And I think NG II is a 9 out of 10 myself . I'm 100% sure EDGE just give reviews like AITD to wind people up and spark off mayhem in forums , its works for me too

Comment

Working...
                              X