PS1 RPGs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
    Vagrant Story, the only RPG I've started and not given up on after a couple of hours of ghastly dialogue and endless random battles. It's the one RPG I know that I want to come back too and give a it a real go.
    I like this comment. I love RPGs but VS felt like a breath of fresh air, and still has a fabulous combat system. The style was sublime, and I too would love to go back to it.

Originally posted by idfei View Post
    I highly recommend Racing Lagoon (High Speed Racing/RPG) as well... one of the underrated Square game on PS1.. but unforturely only came out in Japan.
    WOW! I remember seeing a still of this in PSM years ago and thinking that it looked and sounded terrific, totally leftfield. Then I never heard of it again. I've always remembered it, and would love to hear more about it's story, battle systems, etc.

Comment

Lots of love for the big titles already stated in this thread but another vote for:-
      Valkryie Profile - So unique, so well written and when you get to grips with the game very hard to put down.

Star ocean 2 - 2nd Story - Beautiful game, if you can get hold of it then DO!

THe rest of the games are not that hard to come by so if you come across the 2 above get them!

What an amazing RPG console! happy times!

Comment

If you're talking non-FF, then Star Ocean 2, Tales of Destiny 2, Chrono Cross, Lunar 2 and Xenogears are probably the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Champloo View Post
          I liked both SaGa Frontier 2 (avoid the first)
          Yeah, avoid the one that's a thousand times better than the other one.

The original SaGa Frontier was brilliant, but so misunderstood.

Comment

Just checking in to say the thread title has a grocer's apostrophe.

Well, it annoys me! Nearly as much as RPGs...

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
              Just checking in to say the thread title has a grocer's apostrophe.

Well, it annoys me! Nearly as much as RPGs...
              I was going to say something about that myself but thought better of it. Good thing too because I've just posted about the William's sisters on another forum.

Very few people are comfortable just adding a 's' to make plural abreviations or acronyms so they bung in the grocer's apostrophe because so many others do it.

Comment

Fascinating. But this thread's title doesn't have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                  Fascinating. But this thread's title doesn't have one.
                  It did (RPG's) some clever clogs has just changed it methinks.

Comment

Cool it with the conspiracy theories - you're just paranoid.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                      The original SaGa Frontier was brilliant, but so misunderstood.
                      Really? I'll give it another try if you can convince me that it's worth the bother. To me it seemed a bit half-baked compared to SF2.

Comment

Suikoden II gets another thumbs up from me.

I also enjoyed Breathh of Fire 3

Comment

I'm 3 hours into Suikoden having started it tonight and I'm hooked already.
                          Never used to like turn based but after playing so many mediocre current gen games it feels so fresh.

That isn't to say this gen isn't good because its been bloody amazing for me, but its nice to play retro games that are obviously well crafted.

Comment

Working...
                          X