Earthworm Jim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earthworm Jim?

Anyone have any idea when this game is going to be released for the VC? It was announced back in April, but I've heard nothing since.

Is it true that this game is very tough to play? I've always wanted to play this game since the days when I watched the cartoon. I didn't own a console (Amiga), so it was never an option.

It's an awesome game, one of the funniest I've played.
    It's tough in places, but not too hard.
    The final boss is a piece of piss once you get the 'pattern'.

Comment

It coming when Interplay get off their arses, still think they are licking their wounds after almost bankruptcy.

Comment

Which version do you guys prefer? Purely on the fact I like the pad better I would like to see the SNES Version on the Virtual Console.

But it's going to be interesting to see what they do, do they put it on the SNES side, or the Mega Drive side or do they release it as a Wii-Ware Title and have both SNES and Mega Drive Control configurations included, to please everyone.

Comment

Megadrive version was the best BLATES!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel007 View Post
            Which version do you guys prefer? Purely on the fact I like the pad better I would like to see the SNES Version on the Virtual Console.

But it's going to be interesting to see what they do, do they put it on the SNES side, or the Mega Drive side or do they release it as a Wii-Ware Title and have both SNES and Mega Drive Control configurations included, to please everyone.
            It's already been confirmed to be the Mega Drive version, I believe. Either way you're going to be using a classic controller or GameCube pad, so it's going to be the same either way. Is the layout significantly different?

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
              Either way you're going to be using a classic controller or GameCube pad, so it's going to be the same either way. Is the layout significantly different?
              I didn't think of that to be honest (Duh!), I can't remember the layout for the MegaDrive exactly, I had the SNES Version as a kid (and still do), I used to play on the MD version at a mates house and I just wasn't as good at it, I blame the MD Pad! I am hopeless.

Comment

The SNES version was better! It had a sun glare effect on the first level that wasn't on the Megadrive. Also the sky was all green on the Megadrive version *yeauk*

But yeah the Megadrive version will be the released one.
                Last edited by FelixofMars; 07-10-2008, 14:24.

Comment

I have another question: is it possible to save between levels or are you expected to play from the beginning each time?

The lack of saves in older games is one of the major put-offs for me with retro titles. Managed OK with Ristar last year though (yay me).

Comment

In the old SNES & Mega Drive games you couldn't save at all, no password system either - once you turned the cart off it was start from the beginning again, I believe. There was a cheat, to get a Level Select.

But the games on the Wii keep their save state when you leave the VC Game and go back to the Main Menu, so it shouldn't really be a problem.

Comment

Its out! Kinda snuck up under the radar though. I will have a look at it soon.

Comment

Impression PLS, saw this last night when the interbutts in my new house finally came to life.

Comment

Well its the Megadrive version so visually it doesn't look as good as the SNES one. However there seem to be more sound effect and music on that version. Depends what you prefer.

In general it feels pretty solid for a port, there are a few weird graphics and glitches now and again (on the asteroid race and in What the Heck?) But these are pretty minor.

I am really enjoying playing through this classic. To be fair it is no way as bad as that poor colour gameboy conversion was.

Comment

Hopefully the US will get this tomorrow. It's been a marathon-long wait.

Comment

This is finally out for US consoles. W00t!!!

I hope it was worth the wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X